Business clients turn to Thompson Hine with their most important and challenging business disputes. Unlike many large law firms, our practice is devoted exclusively to business litigation and includes experienced trial lawyers with notable courtroom victories on behalf of our clients. We work closely with our clients to solve their problems, applying trial skills and our understanding of their business objectives. We cost-effectively handle complex commercial disputes based on our depth of experience and our focused approach.
Our track record is proven and impressive. Thompson Hine was named among the top firms in the country in five areas of litigation in the report BTI Litigation Outlook 2013: Changes, Trends and Opportunities for Law Firms.
Identifying risks and avoiding litigation are central to our practice. Whenever possible, we will pursue negotiation, alternative dispute resolution and other means to attain our client’s desired end result. If such measures do not prove fruitful, we will be prepared to go to court to achieve their goals.
We handle disputes as varied and complex as today’s business world. For example, we represent major financial institutions in matters ranging from mortgage and securities fraud, to ERISA, to fiduciary and shareholder litigation. Business clients rely on us in corporate control contests, contract disputes, insurance disputes and class actions. We also represent lawyers (including major law firms) and accountants in professional malpractice cases. Real estate developers and manufacturing companies across the country come to us to help achieve their business objectives. We counsel clients in internal and governmental investigations, defend white collar criminal issues, represent clients in antitrust and competition cases, and assist clients seeking to protect their patent, trademark, copyright and other intellectual property rights.
We are in court and at the settlement table every day in cases across the country, addressing and resolving our clients’ most important concerns. We are proud to have earned our clients’ trust and to have companies of all kinds turn to us with their most important and challenging disputes.
Because of our group's size and breadth of experience, we can effectively handle virtually every kind of commercial dispute. Our litigators are well prepared to confront your most challenging disputes. Our lawyers are in court every day handling contract claims, warranty issues, employment disputes, personal injury and intentional tort claims, product liability suits, negligence cases, unfair competition claims and the full panoply of other actions that businesses encounter.
- Handle business and bankruptcy litigation, including matters involving creditors' rights, deadlocked corporations and partnerships, investment fraud, professional liability and lender liability.
- Represent drug and medical device manufacturers, hospitals and health care providers in medical defense matters, including medical malpractice, hospital and physician liability and product liability cases involving drugs or medical devices.
- Serve as national coordinating and trial counsel in product liability litigation for manufacturers of consumer and commercial products.
- Represent health and casualty insurers in all types of claims litigation.
- Provide environmental counseling and litigation support in matters such as improper land use, hazardous substance handling and disposal and water pollution control issues.
- Counsel developers, owners, contractors, construction managers, subcontractors, architects and engineers on construction projects to help avoid lawsuits and to provide for alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Represent ship owners and underwriters in litigation involving personal injury, collision, hull or cargo damage, marine insurance, towage, environmental, pleasure boating and U.S. Coast Guard matters.
- Represent corporate, banking, utility and manufacturing clients in litigation matters involving leveraged buyouts, tender offers, the defense of shareholder derivative suits and major contract disputes.
Please fill out this form if you'd like to subscribe to any of the electronic newsletters and alerts we publish on developments in many areas of the law, legislative and regulatory changes, and industry trends.
New York Changes the Landscape of State Workplace Discrimination and Harassment Litigation - Labor & Employment @lert
August 13, 2019
Supreme Court Sends TCPA Case Back to Fourth Circuit - Business Litigation Update
June 24, 2019
New Ohio Law Allows Remote Online Notarization - Business Litigation Update
April 16, 2019
New FCC Rule Creates TCPA Reassigned Numbers Database - Business Litigation Update
April 08, 2019
Second Circuit Permits Madoff Trustee to Pursue Transfers Made Between Foreign Entities - Business Restructuring, Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy and Business Litigation Update
March 06, 2019
Preparing for Ohio’s Cybersecurity Safe Harbor Law - Privacy & Cybersecurity Update
October 17, 2018
California Becomes First State to Regulate Internet-Connected Devices - Privacy & Cybersecurity Update
October 10, 2018
Amendments to California Privacy Law Will Impact Businesses - Privacy & Cybersecurity Update
October 01, 2018
August 27, 2018
OIG Releases List of Provider Self-Disclosure Settlements for First Half of 2018 - Health Care Law Update
July 31, 2018
U.S. Supreme Court Rejects American Pipe Tolling for Serial Class Actions - Business Litigation Update
June 12, 2018
Ninth Circuit Enforces “Heightened” Standard for Certification of Settlement Classes - Business Litigation Update
January 30, 2018
Ohio Supreme Court Reaffirms Punitive Damages May Not Be Awarded for a Breach of Contract - Business Litigation Update
January 10, 2018
U.S. Department of Justice Provides New FCPA Voluntary Self-Disclosure Incentives - White Collar Update
December 05, 2017
July 07, 2017
Business Law Update - Winter 2017 - Thompson Hine Newsletter
January 09, 2017
Almost Zero - Recent Federal Circuit Decision Shows Lanham Act Sets Very Low Bar in Requiring Use of Trademark “In Commerce” - Intellectual Property Litigation Update
November 28, 2016
European Commission Releases E-Commerce Report - Antitrust & Business Litigation Update
September 20, 2016