- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Compliance>
- CISO Executive Network>
- Cyberattack & Data Breach Response>
- Cyberattack Response Experience>
- Cybersecurity Legal Audit>
- GDPR Compliance & Global Data Management>
- Insider Threat Services>
- Privacy & Cybersecurity Due Diligence>
- Written Information Security Program (WISP)>
- Assisting clients in developing, implementing, managing, and monitoring enterprise-wide, global privacy and data security policies, programs and protocols.
- Counseling on compliance with the full range of state, national and international laws and regulations including the European Union Privacy Directive, HIPAA, FCRA, FACTA, ECPA and others.
- Advising on the trans-border transfer of sensitive personal data, including data transfers from and to European Union operations in connection with mergers and acquisitions, human resource operations, IT systems and other contexts.
- Advising companies that sponsor group health plans, insurers, health care providers and business associates on their respective obligations under HIPAA’s privacy and security requirements.
- Assisting companies in responding to data breaches.
- Representing companies in litigation growing out of data security incidents and cybercrimes.
- Reviewing, developing and advising on the processing of patient and health care data, drafting patient consent forms and non-disclosures for the life science industry.
- Assisting with designing, implementing and managing marketing and advertising preferences, and compliance with Do-Not-Call, Do-Not-Fax, TCPA, CAN SPAM, COPPA and state laws and regulations.
- Counseling companies on maintaining and operating legal compliance programs, including confidential whistleblower mechanisms, in the face of conflicting global privacy laws.
- Litigating federal and state privacy and internet matters.
- Consulting on global workplace privacy and employee-monitoring concerns.
- Providing contract solutions for outsourcing relationships.
- Counseling on records retention and data destruction plans.
- Engaging in, responding to and managing electronic discovery.
- Consulting on e-commerce and internet contest issues.
- Advising on how to deal with unfair competition and consumer protection concerns.
- Responding to trademark and copyright infringement, including cybersquatting and counterfeiting.
- Registering and protecting domain names.
- California Consumer Privacy Act Enforcement and Preparing for 2023 Data Privacy Rules,
Pratt’s Privacy and Cybersecurity Report, December 20, 2022
- Business Law Update – Fall 2022,
Thompson Hine Newsletter, December 7, 2022
- See No Evil, Speak No Evil, Then Pay the Piper: Be Ready for the Worst-Case Results in Cybersecurity,
Business Law Update – Fall 2022, December 7, 2022
- NY DFS Shakes up Board and Management Exposures for Cyber Breaches,
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, November 30, 2022
- U.S. Government Issues Software Security Procurement Guidance,
Government Contracts and Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, September 16, 2022
- CCPA Enforcement and Preparing for 2023 Data Privacy Rules,
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, September 7, 2022
- California Issues New Draft Privacy Regulations,
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, June 14, 2022
- Thompson Hine Designated a Cybersecurity Breach Coach®,
Thompson Hine LLP, June 1, 2022
- EU/UK Data Transfer Developments: ln-House Counsel FAQ,
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, May 16, 2022
- Connecticut Enacts New Consumer Data Privacy Law,
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, May 12, 2022