- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Compliance>
- CISO Executive Network>
- Cyberattack & Data Breach Response>
- Cyberattack Response Experience>
- Cybersecurity Legal Audit>
- Data Protection Management & Compliance>
- Insider Threat Services>
- Privacy & Cybersecurity Due Diligence>
- Written Information Security Program (WISP)>
- Assisting clients in developing, implementing, managing, and monitoring enterprise-wide, global privacy and data security policies, programs and protocols.
- Counseling on compliance with the full range of state, national and international laws and regulations including the European Union Privacy Directive, HIPAA, FCRA, FACTA, ECPA and others.
- Advising on the trans-border transfer of sensitive personal data, including data transfers from and to European Union operations in connection with mergers and acquisitions, human resource operations, IT systems and other contexts.
- Advising companies that sponsor group health plans, insurers, health care providers and business associates on their respective obligations under HIPAA’s privacy and security requirements.
- Assisting companies in responding to data breaches.
- Representing companies in litigation growing out of data security incidents and cybercrimes.
- Reviewing, developing and advising on the processing of patient and health care data, drafting patient consent forms and non-disclosures for the life science industry.
- Assisting with designing, implementing and managing marketing and advertising preferences, and compliance with Do-Not-Call, Do-Not-Fax, TCPA, CAN SPAM, COPPA and state laws and regulations.
- Counseling companies on maintaining and operating legal compliance programs, including confidential whistleblower mechanisms, in the face of conflicting global privacy laws.
- Litigating federal and state privacy and internet matters.
- Consulting on global workplace privacy and employee-monitoring concerns.
- Providing contract solutions for outsourcing relationships.
- Counseling on records retention and data destruction plans.
- Engaging in, responding to and managing electronic discovery.
- Consulting on e-commerce and internet contest issues.
- Advising on how to deal with unfair competition and consumer protection concerns.
- Responding to trademark and copyright infringement, including cybersquatting and counterfeiting.
- Registering and protecting domain names.
A survey of U.S. Federal and State Laws, Statutes, and Regulations Governing Data Breach Notification, Biometric Information, Cybersecurity, and Data Privacy*
*The content is for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal or professional advice.
- Delaware Personal Data Privacy Act Signed Into Law With 2025 Effective Date,
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, September 13, 2023
- Preparing for Connecticut’s New Telemarketing Law,
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, August 21, 2023
- California Announces Privacy Audits of Connected Vehicles and Related Technologies,
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, August 7, 2023
- SEC Finalizes Rules Requiring Mandatory Cybersecurity Disclosure,
Securities Law Update, July 27, 2023
- New Data Security and Breach Notification Obligation for DHS Contractors,
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, July 21, 2023
- California Investigates Employee/HR Data Processing in Privacy Enforcement Actions,
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, July 19, 2023
- Oregon Legislature Passes Privacy Law,
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, July 6, 2023
- California Privacy Law Enforcement Delayed Until 2024,
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, July 3, 2023
- FBI Issues Business Email Compromise Alert,
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, June 21, 2023
- Texas Enacts Privacy Law; Amends Data Breach Notification Law,
Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, June 15, 2023