Francesca M.S. Guerrero
Francesca is a partner in the firm’s International Trade practice group. She regularly counsels clients on compliance with export controls, sanctions, import regulations, and the FCPA and anti-bribery laws. She works closely with companies to develop tailored compliance programs that fit their specific needs. She regularly advises clients on some of their most challenging international transactions, involving dealings in high risk jurisdictions or with high risk counterparties. Francesca also counsels companies through all phases of internal investigation of potential trade and anti-bribery violations, and represents companies across industries before related government agencies.
Francesca also has extensive experience counseling clients on national security issues relevant to foreign investment in the United States. She has represented investors and U.S businesses before the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States from diverse sectors including energy generation and transmission, pharmaceutical development, heavy manufacturing, defense and aerospace, telecommunications, and software technology.
- Conducted an export control compliance of an audit of a Chinese company as mandated under a settlement agreement with the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Prepared OFAC license applications for an education services company to conduct business related to Sudan, Iran and Syria.
- Represented a U.S. importer in a prior disclosure of violations of customs regulations with respect to five years of imports from China and other Asian countries.
- Prepared BIS license applications for various technology, manufacturing, and service providers seeking to export items subject to the EAR to companies on the Entity List.
- Represented a U.S. defense and aerospace company in the voluntary disclosure of violations of the ITAR to the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls.
- Represented a foreign government-owned energy company in multiple CFIUS notices regarding the sale of interests in wind energy projects, including the sale to another foreign government-owned investor.
- Represented a Chinese company in the acquisition of a U.S. pharmaceutical company.
- Advised a U.S. manufacturer and global distributor in the development of comprehensive anti-bribery policies and procedures.
- Represented a global leader in solar, wind and battery technology in the acquisition of the world leader in modeling and optimization software for microgrids.
- Arlington Country Board Commission on Neighborhood Complete Streets, Vice Chair
April 02, 2020
Thompson Hine Continues Washington Office Growth - Francesca Guerrero Joins Thompson Hine’s International Trade Practice
March 30, 2020