Beth A. Mandel
Cincinnati Co-Chair, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiative
Beth is an associate in the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice group. She focuses her practice on assisting private and public companies with the design, implementation and operation of qualified retirement, non-qualified deferred compensation (e.g., 409A compliance), health and welfare, and fringe benefit plans. Beth has significant experience with all types of tax-qualified retirement plans, including 401(k) plans, profit-sharing plans, 403(b) plans and defined benefit plans, as well as in advising plan sponsors on compliance issues related to the Internal Revenue Code, ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA and the Affordable Care Act. Additionally, she has experience counseling clients in the area of the ERISA Church Plan exemption and related litigation defense strategy, and advising clients on benefits matters related to mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining Thompson Hine, Beth worked for another Ohio firm where she gained a strong background in labor and employment and employee benefits and compensation law. Before that, she served for eight years as a judicial clerk in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio for the Hon. Susan J. Dlott, and was an adjunct professor at the University of Cincinnati College of Law for five years.
- YWCA Rising Star Leadership Program, 2012
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Employee Benefits Committee, vice chair, 2015-2016
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Academy of Leadership for Lawyers, Class XV (2011)
- Parents and Professionals for Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio, chair, 2016
- Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio, Diamond Award Gala sponsorship committee member, 2016
- ProKids, founding co-chair of ProKids Young Professionals, 2011-2013