Throughout her career, Caitlin has had the opportunity to hone her litigation and counseling skills on a broad range of matters, including the following:
- Representing utility companies in action alleging price fixing by four Class I railroads, In re Rail Freight Fuel Surcharge Antitrust Litigation.
- Representing a government contractor in class action alleging illegal no-poach agreement with other government contracts.
- Represented a manufacturer of material handling equipment in an arbitration action brought by a dealer involving allegations of breach of contract and violation of the Wisconsin Fair Dealership Law.
- Represented a tire manufacturer in action alleging breach of tire supply agreement.
- Represented clients in actions involving former employees’ breach of noncompetition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Representing banks that are exposed to litigation arising out of their operations and relationships with customers, including claims relating to account fraud, check fraud and forged instruments, wire/electronic transfer fraud, certificates of deposit and other time deposit accounts, credit and debit card fraud, ATM fraud, and for alleged violations of check-handling and security procedures.
- Drafting and advising on the terms of distribution agreements for clients engaged in the manufacture or supply of products in the United States and internationally.
- Providing guidance to manufacturing clients on appointment of dealers and distributors in the United States and internationally.
- Counsel clients on the application of and compliance with U.S. sweepstakes and raffle laws.
- “FTC Investigating Price Discrimination Under Long-Dormant Robinson-Patman Act,” Thompson Hine Antitrust Law Update, January 2023
- “FTC Proposes Noncompete Ban,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, January 2023
- “No-Poach Provision Found Unenforceable by Pennsylvania Supreme Court,” Thompson Hine Antitrust Law Update, May 2021
- “Selling Through Dealers – Antitrust Guidelines for Manufacturers,” Thompson Hine Antitrust Law Guidelines, April 2021
- “An Empirical Look at Motion to Dismiss Practice in Antitrust Cases,” Thompson Hine Antitrust Law Update, May 2019
- Selected to the Ohio Rising Stars list, 2022, 2023
- Received a 2022 and 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Commercial Litigation; included in the inaugural edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Commercial Litigation
- Don Sommers Award for Professional Responsibility
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Ethics & Professionalism in the Practice of Law and Practical Legal Writing & Analysis for Litigators
- Excellence in Oral Advocacy Award, Washington University School of Law
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
- HandsOn Northeast Ohio, former board member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association 3Rs Program, volunteer
- Washington Univ in St. Louis School of Law, J.D., 2015, cum laude,
Washington University Law Review, notes editor (2014-2015), staff editor (2013-2014)
- Ashland University, B.A., 2012, summa cum laude,
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- FTC Investigating Price Discrimination Under Long-Dormant Robinson-Patman Act,
Antitrust Law Update, January 18, 2023
- FTC Proposes Noncompete Ban,
Labor & Employment @lert, January 6, 2023
- No-Poach Provision Found Unenforceable by Pennsylvania Supreme Court,
Antitrust Law Update, May 3, 2021
- Selling Through Dealers – Antitrust Guidelines for Manufacturers,
Antitrust Law Guidelines, April 30, 2021
- An Empirical Look at Motion to Dismiss Practice in Antitrust Cases,
Antitrust Law Update, May 1, 2019