Todd M. Seaman
Todd is an associate in the firm's Business Litigation and Product Liability Litigation practice groups. His practice focuses on commercial litigation, including matters involving contract disputes, product liability claims, class actions, and business torts.
An illustrative sampling of Todd’s experience includes:
- Serving on national defense counsel team for a company in multiple product liability cases involving personal injuries and deaths allegedly caused by a food thickening product.
- Securing a dismissal in a breach of contract action involving a non-solicitation clause in a home care services contract.
- Defending national mortgage lenders in contested foreclosure actions.
- Representing real estate developers in a construction case involving claims that an insurance company breached its duty to defend and indemnify under a commercial general liability policy.
- Assisting with the ongoing representation of a prominent motor carrier in a consolidated patent infringement lawsuit.
- Co-author, "Over Prepare, Then Go with the Flow: Legal Counsel Best Practices in Premediation Preparation," Willamette Insights, October 2017
- Co-author, “A Primer on ‘Bad Faith’ in Federal Removal Jurisdiction,” Law360, October 8, 2014
- Note, “Drowning in the Wake of Concepcion: How to Protect Small Claims Plaintiffs Bound By Mandatory Arbitration Agreements,” Ohio State Law Journal, 2012
- CALI Awards for Excellence in Legal Research, Legal Writing and Torts
- Ernest E. Karam Book Award for Excellence in Legal Research and Writing
- Recipient of John E. Hallen Memorial Award for highest performance in Torts
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Downtown Residents’ Association of Columbus
- Columbus Sole, Volunteer
October 05, 2017