Kimberly E. Ramundo
Kim is a partner in the firm's Construction, Product Liability Litigation and Business Litigation practice groups.
With respect to construction, Kim has handled claims on behalf of owners, developers, contractors, architects, engineers, construction managers and other construction professionals in lawsuits, mediations and arbitrations arising out of both public and private construction projects. She has experience in a broad range of construction matters, including cases involving heavy and highway, wastewater treatment, bridges, structural steel, building envelopes, soils and foundations, and other design and construction defects. Kim also has experience in prosecuting and defending complex construction claims involving delay, inefficiency, changes, defective work and the design professional standard of care.
In her product liability practice, Kim defends manufacturers of industrial and consumer products against wrongful death and personal injury claims. Kim's commercial litigation practice involves a variety of sophisticated commercial disputes.
- Obtained jury verdict in favor of pipe manufacturer against designer/supplier of heat treat equipment.
- Obtained jury verdict in favor of contractor against developer for amounts owed under construction contract.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of geotechnical engineer on E&O claim related to construction of a hospital.
- Representation of global design firm in defense of $50 million E&O claim relating to roadway and bridge design with favorable mediated outcome.
- Representation of engineering firm in defense of E&O claim relating to bridge design with favorable mediated outcome.
- Representation of mixed use developer in prosecution of claim against architect with favorable mediated outcome.
- Ongoing representation of geotechnical engineering firm in defense of E&O claims.
- Ongoing representation of global industrial engineering firm in defense and prosecution of eight-figure claims.
- Ongoing representation as national counsel for manufacturer of food flavoring products in defense of toxic tort personal injury claims.
- Representation of manufacturer of digital printing presses in nationwide litigation.
- Representation of steel manufacturer in benzene litigation.
- Representation of manufacturers of hip implants and toasters in defense of defective design and manufacture claims.
- “Top Five Considerations for Construction Projects During the COVID-19 Outbreak,” Thompson Hine COVID-19 Update, March 2020
- “Kentucky Supreme Court Enforces Pay-if-Paid Provision,” Thompson Hine Construction Update, December 2017
- Contributing author, Ohio Construction Law Manual (Baldwin's Ohio Practice), 2009
- “Changes to Contracted Work,” Ohio Construction Law for Architects, Engineers and Contractors, HalfMoon Education Inc.
- “To Joint Venture or Not to Joint Venture … Keys to a Successful Joint Venture Project,” Oswald Construction Risk Insight Breakfast Series
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2020
- Selected to the 2006 Ohio Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers
- Named one of five "Women to Watch," Women's Business Magazine, 2005
- Named a YWCA Rising Star, 2003
- American Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers
- Cincinnati USA Chamber of Commerce WE Lead
- Freestore Foodbank, finance committee member, 2018 to present
- Board secretary; chair, Risk Management Committee; and member, Executive Committee, Greater Cincinnati Tall Stacks Festival
- Member, Roebling Society, United Way