Senior Managing Associate
Michelle is a senior managing associate in the International Trade practice group. She focuses her practice on assisting clients in a wide range of industries with trade remedy proceedings.
Michelle’s experience includes drafting and filing petitions, comments, case briefs and rebuttal briefs and presenting oral arguments to the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. International Trade Commission the U.S. Court of International Trade , and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Michelle also has advised clients on trade enforcement and anti-circumvention issues before the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, and compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
Michelle has extensive experience counseling and representing clients from the e-cigarette industry on a wide variety of issues.
Prior to entering private practice, Michelle served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Robert L. Wilkins of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, and as a judicial intern to the Clerk of the Court of the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas.
Michelle is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and Cantonese.
- Represented U.S. producers of glycine, softwood lumber, shrimp and steel nails in antidumping and countervailing duty cases.
- Handled antidumping and countervailing duty cases for foreign producers of steel pipes, calcium hypochlorite and plastic bags.
- Handled sections 232 and 301 tariff exclusions for steel and e-cigarette industries.
- Successfully represented a client in anti-evasion EAPA investigations.
- Named to Lawyers of Color’s Hot List 2020
Nine Thompson Hine Lawyers Recognized by Lawyers of Color Thompson Hine LLP
April 05, 2021