Kris is a partner in the firm's Real Estate practice group. His practice focuses on serving commercial real estate lenders, developers, investors and managers. He provides outside counsel to clients ranging from small investors to financial institutions to national developers and operators. Kris’ practice has a particular focus on finance matters related to urban redevelopment, hospitality, office and retail projects.
- Advised client in negotiation of $250 million mezzanine portfolio loan secured by eighteen properties in twelve states.
- Counseled financial institution in its financing of distressed hotel properties, including one from a receiver’s sale. Guided client through complex title issues and developed strategy to ensure secured interest in hotel room revenue.
- Served as borrower’s counsel in $61 million loan modification of four commercial real estate properties.
- Assisted client in negotiation of federal historic tax credit investment under safe harbor pursuant to IRS Rev. Proc. 2014-12.
- Counseled client on numerous urban renewal projects in Covington, Kentucky, involving multiple lenders, significant tax liens, federal and state tax credits, and partnership with the city of Covington.
- Selected for inclusion in 2015 to 2020 Ohio Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Social Committee member
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Leadership Northern Kentucky, Class of 2015
- Member, Both Shores regionalism initiative
- Volunteer, Be Concerned, Inc.
Thompson Hine Elects 11 New Partners Thompson Hine LLP
January 26, 2021