- Played instrumental role in achieving partial deregulation of the U.S. international ocean liner industry through adoption of OSRA.
- Participated in every rulemaking proceeding initiated by the FMC to implement OSRA.
- Drafted numerous ocean shipping service contracts for shippers and NVOCCs.
- Participated in workshops and meetings to address international maritime policy arranged by the Maritime Transport Committee of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and The Comite Maritime International.
- Arbitrated a charter party dispute regarding demurrage and cancellation charges.
- Arbitrated a charter party dispute regarding cargo damaged in-transit.
- Represented shippers and NVOCC in investigations by the FMC concerning compliance with the 1984 Shipping Act.
- Drafted bills of lading.
- Drafted barge transportation agreements.
- FMC Takes Actions to Implement OSRA 2022,
Transportation Update, August 17, 2022
- Ocean Shipping Reform Act Addresses Supply Chain Challenges and Carrier Shipping Practices,
Transportation Update, June 17, 2022
- FMC Seeks Comments on Establishing Demurrage and Detention Charge Billing Requirements,
Transportation Update, February 17, 2022
- FMC Issues Policy Statements on Private Party Complaints, Including Retaliation Concerns,
Transportation Update, January 14, 2022
- Thompson Hine Represents NITL in Connection with House Passage of Ocean Shipping Reform Act, December 9, 2021
- FMC To Audit Ocean Carrier Demurrage and Detention Practices,
Transportation Update, July 23, 2021
- Executive Order Targets Rail, Ocean and Air Transportation Competition and Unreasonable Practices,
Transportation Update, July 12, 2021
- Thompson Hine Earns First-Tier Rankings in Chambers USA,
Sixteen Practices and 46 Lawyers Recognized, May 20, 2021
- FMC Expands Investigation of Ocean Carrier Alliance Practices in U.S. Ports,
Transportation Update, November 25, 2020
- FMC Extends Service Contract Exemption and Issues Ocean Carrier Billing Practice NOI,
Transportation Update, October 14, 2020