Our Product Liability Litigation trial lawyers have handled thousands of liability and major tort cases throughout the United States and abroad for clients from a broad spectrum of industries, including:
- Electrical and mechanical products
- Emerging technologies
- Medical devices
We are active in national product liability organizations and have lectured and written extensively on product liability matters. Serving as national and regional product liability counsel for major clients, we protect their interests throughout the United States, covering all aspects of product liability and major tort matters from preventive counseling and alternative dispute resolution through trial and appeals.
We pride ourselves on providing innovative, efficient, cost-effective solutions to product liability and major tort issues. The significance of our experience is reflected in the election of Thompson Hine partners as Fellows in the American College of Trial Lawyers and International Society of Barristers.
Product Liability Defense
- Serve as national trial and coordinating counsel for a leading manufacturer of food equipment systems in product liability matters, including the defense of product designs for meat grinders, mixers, slicers, saws, tenderizers and deep fat fryers.
- Serve as national counsel for a major electrical/electronic equipment manufacturer in the defense of shock, burn and explosion cases involving electricity and electrical/electronic products.
- Serve as national coordinating, supervising and trial counsel for a leading aluminum automotive wheel producer.
- Serve as national counsel for a construction and mining equipment manufacturer in product liability matters involving heavy equipment and warranty matters.
- Serve as regional counsel for leading manufacturers of major home appliances.
- Serve as primary counsel defending several automobile manufacturers in product liability and personal injury litigation.
- Serve as Ohio counsel for major manufacturer of earthmoving, construction and mining equipment.
- Defend a major aerospace manufacturer from product design and manufacturing claims.
- Serve as Ohio counsel for a major manufacturer of medical devices
- Defend manufacturers whose products are linked to major catastrophes including hotel fires in San Juan, Las Vegas, White Plains (New York) and San Francisco; a supper club fire in Kentucky; the collapse of a hotel skywalk in Kansas City; a paper mill fire; a cold storage warehouse fire in Wisconsin; and a major health scare.
- Defend putative consumer class action against a leading power tool manufacturer.
- Defend leading manufacturer of hand tools against product liability lawsuits.
- Defend large handgun manufacturer against "cost recovery" claims by various municipalities.
- Defend several major polymer service companies in national product liability matters.
- Defend Fortune 10 manufacturer in multiple jurisdictions for multimillion dollar fire and business interruption losses.
- Defend manufacturer of drainage sanitary sewer bridge and other construction products in national warranty and property damage litigation.
- Provide national defense of supplier of seamless and welded tubular products in cases involving significant property damage and economic and business interruption losses.
Please fill out this form if you'd like to subscribe to any of the electronic newsletters and alerts we publish on developments in many areas of the law, legislative and regulatory changes, and industry trends.
Ohio Supreme Court Rejects Cumulative-Exposure Theory for Asbestos Claims - Product Liability Update
February 14, 2018
Supreme Court’s Personal Jurisdiction Limits Could Lead to More Companies Being Sued in Their Home States - Product Liability Update
June 26, 2017
Autonomous Vehicle Legislation Creates New Liability Issues - Product Liability Update
June 05, 2017
What’s New With PSM? OSHA’s New NEP and EPA’s Revised RMP Rule - Chemical Industry Update
February 22, 2017
Be Careful What You Wish For: Revised TSCA Process Slower Than Industry Hoped - Product Liability Litigation Update
February 15, 2017
Asbestos: Expansion of Liability and Potential Ban - Product Liability Update
December 20, 2016
CPSC Steps Up Compliance Enforcement - Product Liability Update
December 06, 2016
In Mixed Ruling for Food Manufacturers, the Ninth Circuit Affirms Decertification of Damages Class While Keeping Door Open for Individual Claims - Product Liability Litigation Update
October 07, 2016
Product Liability eNewsletter - Summer 2016 - Thompson Hine Newsletter
July 25, 2016
November 13, 2015
OSHA Announces Inspection Procedures for New Hazard Communication Standard - Chemical Industry Update
August 11, 2015
Status of Potential Changes to PSM & RMP Regulations - Chemical Industry Update
June 24, 2015
FDA Finds PHOs Unsafe - Product Liability Update
June 19, 2015
California DTSC Finalizes Green Chemistry Playbook - Green Products Update
April 23, 2015
March 26, 2015
March 13, 2015
Suit Urges EPA to Regulate Nanosilver, Remove Products from Shelves - Product Liability Update
January 16, 2015
OSHA Reporting and Recordkeeping Changes Effective January 1, 2015 and Beyond - Environmental Update
December 31, 2014
Potential Changes to OSHA’s PSM Standard & EPA’s RMP Regulation - Chemical Industry Update
October 13, 2014
Surprise! The EU Notified Body Auditors Are Here! Is Your Firm Prepared for an Unannounced Audit? - Product Liability Update
September 05, 2014
Product Liability eNewsletter - Spring 2014
April 28, 2014
GM Recall Highlights Importance of Timely Reporting and Corrective Action - Product Liability Update
March 24, 2014
OSHA Seeks Comments on Proposed Changes to Process Safety Management Regulations - Chemical Industry Update
January 27, 2014
What to Expect With California’s Safer Consumer Products Regulations - Green Products Update
October 01, 2013
Supreme Court Rules on Removal Under CAFA - Product Liability Update
March 20, 2013
FTC: VOC-Free Means VOC-Free - Green Products Update
March 14, 2013
California Extends Public Comment Period for Proposed Green Chemistry Regulations - Green Products Update
September 04, 2012
New Study: Phthalates Associated With Diabetes in Women - Product Liability Update
August 16, 2012
California Proposes Formal Green Chemistry Regulations - Green Products Update
August 08, 2012
Is Your Company Prepared for OSHA’s New NEP for Chemical Facilities? - Chemical Industry Update
May 09, 2012
Product Liability eNewsletter - Spring 2012
May 01, 2012
FDA Issues Draft Nanotechnology Guidance to Food and Cosmetics Industries - Product Liability Update
April 25, 2012
Is Your Company Prepared for OSHA’s Revised Hazard Communication Standard? - Chemical Industry Update
April 03, 2012
EU and US EPA to Evaluate Risks of Dozens of Chemicals - Chemical Industry Update
March 05, 2012
Seventh Circuit Holds That Product Recall Precludes Class Certification - Product Liability Update
August 19, 2011
FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Benefit-Risk Determinations in Medical Device Premarket Review - Product Liability Update
August 18, 2011
Lower Lead Limit in Children’s Products Effective August 14 - Product Liability Update
July 18, 2011
Supreme Court Holds Warning Claims Against Generic Drug Manufacturers Are Preempted - Product Liability Update
July 01, 2011
June 24, 2011
Formaldehyde Designated as a "Known Human Carcinogen" - Product Liability Update
June 24, 2011
EPA Releases Methanol Noncancer Draft Assessment - Product Liability Update
June 14, 2011
Senator Introduces Latest Attempt to Overhaul TSCA - Product Liability Update
May 10, 2011
Supreme Court Upholds Consumer Arbitration Agreements That Bar Classwide Arbitration - Product Liability Update
April 28, 2011
EPA Declares Formaldehyde a Human Carcinogen - Mass & Toxic Tort Update
June 30, 2010