Our Product Liability Litigation trial lawyers have handled thousands of liability and major tort cases throughout the United States and abroad for clients from a broad spectrum of industries, including:
- Electrical and mechanical products
- Emerging technologies
- Medical devices
We are active in national product liability organizations and have lectured and written extensively on product liability matters. Serving as national and regional product liability counsel for major clients, we protect their interests throughout the United States, covering all aspects of product liability and major tort matters from preventive counseling and alternative dispute resolution through trial and appeals.
We pride ourselves on providing innovative, efficient, cost-effective solutions to product liability and major tort issues. The significance of our experience is reflected in the election of Thompson Hine partners as Fellows in the American College of Trial Lawyers and International Society of Barristers.
Product Liability Defense
- Serve as national trial and coordinating counsel for a leading manufacturer of food equipment systems in product liability matters, including the defense of product designs for meat grinders, mixers, slicers, saws, tenderizers and deep fat fryers.
- Serve as national counsel for a major electrical/electronic equipment manufacturer in the defense of shock, burn and explosion cases involving electricity and electrical/electronic products.
- Serve as national coordinating, supervising and trial counsel for a leading aluminum automotive wheel producer.
- Serve as national counsel for a construction and mining equipment manufacturer in product liability matters involving heavy equipment and warranty matters.
- Serve as regional counsel for leading manufacturers of major home appliances.
- Serve as primary counsel defending several automobile manufacturers in product liability and personal injury litigation.
- Serve as Ohio counsel for major manufacturer of earthmoving, construction and mining equipment.
- Defend a major aerospace manufacturer from product design and manufacturing claims.
- Serve as Ohio counsel for a major manufacturer of medical devices
- Defend manufacturers whose products are linked to major catastrophes including hotel fires in San Juan, Las Vegas, White Plains (New York) and San Francisco; a supper club fire in Kentucky; the collapse of a hotel skywalk in Kansas City; a paper mill fire; a cold storage warehouse fire in Wisconsin; and a major health scare.
- Defend putative consumer class action against a leading power tool manufacturer.
- Defend leading manufacturer of hand tools against product liability lawsuits.
- Defend large handgun manufacturer against "cost recovery" claims by various municipalities.
- Defend several major polymer service companies in national product liability matters.
- Defend Fortune 10 manufacturer in multiple jurisdictions for multimillion dollar fire and business interruption losses.
- Defend manufacturer of drainage sanitary sewer bridge and other construction products in national warranty and property damage litigation.
- Provide national defense of supplier of seamless and welded tubular products in cases involving significant property damage and economic and business interruption losses.
Please fill out this form if you'd like to subscribe to any of the electronic newsletters and alerts we publish on developments in many areas of the law, legislative and regulatory changes, and industry trends.
DOJ Criminally Charges Executives for Failure to Timely Report Under CPSA - Government Enforcement/CPSC Update
April 09, 2019
Ohio Supreme Court Rejects Cumulative-Exposure Theory for Asbestos Claims - Product Liability Update
February 14, 2018
Supreme Court’s Personal Jurisdiction Limits Could Lead to More Companies Being Sued in Their Home States - Product Liability Update
June 26, 2017
Autonomous Vehicle Legislation Creates New Liability Issues - Product Liability Update
June 05, 2017
What’s New With PSM? OSHA’s New NEP and EPA’s Revised RMP Rule - Chemical Industry Update
February 22, 2017
Be Careful What You Wish For: Revised TSCA Process Slower Than Industry Hoped - Product Liability Litigation Update
February 15, 2017
Asbestos: Expansion of Liability and Potential Ban - Product Liability Update
December 20, 2016
CPSC Steps Up Compliance Enforcement - Product Liability Update
December 06, 2016
In Mixed Ruling for Food Manufacturers, the Ninth Circuit Affirms Decertification of Damages Class While Keeping Door Open for Individual Claims - Product Liability Litigation Update
October 07, 2016
Product Liability eNewsletter - Summer 2016 - Thompson Hine Newsletter
July 25, 2016