A representative sampling of Will’s experience includes:
- Represented STERIS in the acquisition of Spectrum Surgical Instruments Corp. and Total Repair Express, LLC, both leading providers of medical instrument repair services, for an aggregate purchase price of $110 million.
- Advising High Road Capital Partners in the acquisition of Accurate Component Sales, Inc., a leading value-added distributor of industrial fasteners, hardware and components to manufacturers in the upper Midwest, and associated add-ons with Williams Acquisition and Great Lakes Fasteners Corporation, other leading distributors in the upper Midwest.
- Counseling an exempt (not-for-profit) organization with regard to potential acquisitions and associated mergers/consolidations of affiliated exempt entities.
- Advising a private equity group in connection with a platform acquisition and subsequent stock add-ons ranging from $3 million to more than $10 million for a leading provider of chemical-based cleaning solutions operating in locations nationwide.
- Counseling a public strategic acquirer of long-term care pharmacies nationally in connection with various acquisitions totaling over $500 million dollars in aggregate purchase price.
- Advising a public company in the approximately $30 million acquisition of substantially all the assets of a leading manufacturer of vertical turbine line shafts and submersible pumps, centrifugal pumps and packaged water supply pump systems.
- Representing a private equity client in connection with a $75 million acquisition of a leading workers’ compensation bill reviewer based in the United States.
- Assisting a private equity fund in connection with a platform acquisition of retail pharmacies.
- Counseling a newly formed fund in a series of asset acquisitions exceeding $35 million in the aggregate in the purchase of advertising media throughout several major U.S. media markets, including Seattle, Phoenix, Chicago and New York.
Exits and Other Sales Transactions
- Advised High Road Capital Partners in the sale of Accurate Component Sales, Inc. to a publicly-traded company.
- Assisting a company in a $120 million exit consisting of the sale of stock of several residential and commercial cleaning and repair service franchises collectively located in the majority of U.S. states.
- Representing a company in connection with an approximately $40 million sale to a public corporation of a leading in-vitro diagnostics specialist with international operations worldwide.
- Advising an Ohio-based exempt organization in the carve-out sale of its employee assistance program division to a for-profit acquirer.
- Counseling a company in an approximately $325 million exit with regard to a leading nationwide provider of outsourced cleaning and sanitation services.
- Advising a leading automobile parts manufacturer located in Michigan in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a private equity firm for $40 million.
- Counseling a privately held operator of proprietary post-secondary educational institutions nationwide valued in excess of $500 million in a sale to a private equity fund.
Commercial Contract Drafting and Associated Counseling
- Representing a Fortune 10 company in the development of standardized terms and templates relating to installation and long-term maintenance and supply projects.
- Advising an Ohio-based publicly-held company in the healthcare space on the negotiation of distribution, manufacturing, supply, partnership and purchase agreements in connection with medical devices.
- “Trending in the (Right?) Direction: Recent M&A Trends and Refinements of Deal-making Processes,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Spring 2022
- “Move Over, There’s a New Act in Town: Ohio’s Revised Limited Liability Company Act,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Winter 2022
- “What to Expect When You’re Selling: A Primer on the M&A Sale Process for First-Time Sellers,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Fall 2021
- “Back to the Future: What Will M&A Be Like in 2030?” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Fall 2020
- “Into the Unknown: Purchase Agreement Considerations in the Time of COVID-19,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Summer 2020
- “So, You’re in a Recession: What Should M&A Buyers and Sellers Do Next?” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Fall 2019
- Co-author, “The Odd Couple: Understanding the Relationship Between Indemnification and Representation and Warranty Insurance,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Fall 2018
- “Caveat Emptor: Key Considerations for Acquiring a Business,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Fall 2017
- “The Psychology of Corporate Negotiations,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Spring 2017
- “Fundamental Considerations in Drafting Commercial Agreements,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Summer 2016
- “Crossing the Line – An Introduction to Line-Item Indemnities in M&A Transactions,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Fall 2015
- Co-author, “Cashing In Your Chips: Negotiating Letters of Intent From the Seller’s Perspective,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Summer 2014
- Co-author, “Understanding the Rules of the Game: Baseball Arbitration in Working Capital Disputes,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Fall 2013
- Co-author, “So You Want to Sell Your Company: Key Considerations for the Sale of a Private Company,” Law 360, 2012
- “Death to Facebook: Regulation of Social Networking Sites,” presented at the 2010 Midwest Law and Society Retreat, University of Wisconsin-Madison, October 2010
- Listed in The Legal 500 as a Leading Lawyer in M&A: Middle-Market (sub-$500m), United States, 2022
- One of 18 lawyers recognized on The Legal 500’s Leading Individuals list M&A: Middle-Market (sub-$500m), United States, 2020, 2021
- One of seven attorneys recognized by The Legal 500 as a Next Generation lawyer, M&A: Middle-Market (sub-$500m), United States, 2019
- Selected to the Ohio Rising Stars list, 2017-2022
- Best Executive Board Member, Texas International Law Journal, 2007
- John Schoff Millis Award (best academic record in the College of Arts & Sciences), 2004
- Stella Berkeley-Friedman Award (highest academic achievement in the study of sociology), 2004
- Junior Award of Arts and Sciences (best academic record in the College of Arts & Sciences), 2003
- Marvin J. Barloon Award (outstanding performance in the study of economics), 2003
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Volunteer instructor, 3Rs Program, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, 2009-2011
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2007, with honors,
Texas Review of Entertainment & Sports Law, editor in chief, 2006 to 2007, staff editor, 2005 to 2006; Texas International Law Journal, managing editor, 2006-2007, staff editor, 2005 to 2006
- Case Western Reserve University, B.A., 2004, summa cum laude
- Business Law Update – Spring 2022,
Thompson Hine Newsletter, May 12, 2022
- Business Law Update – Winter 2022,
Thompson Hine Newsletter, March 7, 2022
- What to Expect When You’re Selling: A Primer on the M&A Sale Process for First-Time Sellers,
Thompson Hine Business Law Update, November 30, 2021
- Business Law Update – Fall 2021,
Thompson Hine Newsletter, November 30, 2021
- Business Law Update – Fall 2020,
Thompson Hine Newsletter, September 21, 2020
- Business Law Update – Summer 2020,
Thompson Hine Newsletter, July 9, 2020
- Business Law Update – Fall 2019,
Thompson Hine Newsletter, November 18, 2019