Leslie J. Suson
Pro Bono Committee
Leslie is counsel in the firm’s Product Liability Litigation, Business Litigation, and White-Collar Criminal Practice, Internal Investigations & Government Enforcement practice groups. She focuses her practice on litigation concerning product liability, general liability defense, and a broad range of complex business matters, including contract disputes, business torts, internal investigations, lender liability claims, real estate, and insurance coverage and defense. Leslie also works extensively with small privately held companies on a variety of business matters, including contract matters and lease disputes. She has significant experience working an all aspects of civil litigation in state and federal courts across the country.
Leslie also has a substantial governmental law practice in which she represents cities, counties, authorities and other public entities. Her experience includes handling litigation as well as conducting internal investigations and providing advice on compliance and litigation avoidance.
Leslie is a certified mediator in the state of Georgia.
Product Liability, Tort, and Business Litigation
- Represented and defended a pharmaceutical company in multiple actions alleging injuries arising out of the plaintiffs’ use of statin medications, including cases involving liver transplant and rhabdomyolysis.
- Represented and defended medical device manufacturer in cases nationwide alleging personal injury and wrongful death arising out of plaintiffs’ use of insulin pump therapy system.
- Served as local counsel to a pharmaceutical manufacturer in cases involving a statin drug.
- Served as local counsel to a pharmaceutical manufacturer in cases involving vaccine ingredient, Thimerosal.
- Represented and defended the manufacturer of dental equipment involving allegations of defect and personal injury.
- Represented and defended the manufacturer of eye care products in cases involving allegations of permanent corneal damage and corneal transplants.
- Represented and defended the manufacturer of hospital equipment against claim that product was defective and resulted in serious injuries.
- Served as local counsel to the manufacturer of talc products in cases involving allegations of ovarian cancer.
- Represented and defended an insulation installation company against allegations that its failure to warn of fire spread properties of product caused $260 million in additional property damage.
- Represented and defended large natural gas company in Georgia involving large gas explosions.
- Represented and defended large airline and ground transportation company relating to personal injury claims at airport.
- Successfully briefed numerous motions to dismiss and summary judgment motions relating to wrongful foreclosure and lender liability issues.
- Represented multiple businesses in disputes with other businesses or individuals involving allegations of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, fraud, interference with contractual relations, civil conspiracy, breach of non-compete and non-solicitation covenants.
- Represented various insurers in coverage disputes, bad faith, indemnification, and subrogation matters.
- Represented and obtained court-approved settlement for insurer in class action lawsuit involving medical payments for psychological services.
- Represented various clients in breach of real estate contracts and fraud in real estate transactions.
- Represented various clients in RICO, fraud, and white-collar criminal matters.
- Performed internal investigation of manufacturer and represented manufacturer in false claims act litigation in connection with government contract.
- Represented criminal defendants facing death penalty in appeal on a pro bono basis.
- Represented prisoner in connection with civil rights violations on a pro bono basis.
- Represented minor facing transfer to adult system for criminal prosecution on a pro bono basis.
- Acted as guardian ad litem on behalf of minor in custody dispute on a pro bono basis.
- Represented Atlanta-area county in disputes relating to intergovernmental contracts.
- Represented Atlanta-area county in dispute regarding development authority.
- Represented individuals on development authorities in disputes regarding right to hold office position.
- Represented Georgia county, high-level employees, and council members in connection with Securities and Exchange Commission subpoenas.
- Conducted multiple internal investigations on behalf of major Georgia city.
- Provided counsel and advice to Georgia-area housing authority on multiple issues.
Select Reported Opinions
- American Home Products Corp.v. Ferrari, 289 Ga. 184, 710 S.E.2d 771 (2011).
- Selene RMOF REO Acquisition II, LLC, et al. v. Vandiver & Kaufman, LLC, 3:10-cv-109 (CAR), 2011 WL 1833204 (M.D. Ga. May 12, 2011).
- R & R Insulation Services, Inc. v. Royal Indemnity, et al., 307 Ga. App. 419 (2010).
- Haynes v. Cyberonics, Inc., 1:09-CV-2700-JEC, 2011 WL 3903238 (N.D. Ga. Sept. 6, 2011).
- Winchester v. Pension Comm. of Michael Reese Health, 942 F.2d 1190 (7th Cir. 1991).
- Rick Nolan’s Auto Body Shop, Inc. v. Allstate Ins. Co., 718 F. Supp. 721 (N.D. Ill. 1989).
- Zegar v. Sears Roebuck & Co., 211 Ill.App.3d 1025, 570 N.E.2d 1176 (1st Dist. 1991).
- Co-author, "Illinois Survey of Criminal Procedures," 18 Loyola Law Journal, 1988
- Co-author, "Alice In Pharmaland: The 'Curiouser And Curiouser' Case of Conte v. Wyeth," Rx for the Defense, Winter 2009
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Volunteer with a local charity that provides temporary housing to homeless women and children.
- Volunteer with local charity that distributes food to distressed Atlanta neighborhoods by collection of surplus food from local restaurants, markets and grocery stores.
- Volunteer coordinator of the annual holiday gift program for local charity, including raising donations, purchasing and distributing holiday gifts for children in need.
- Metro Atlanta High School Mock Trial Tournament, judging evaluator
- Illinois State Bar Association High School Mock Trial Tournament, team coach