A sampling of Steve’s most recent experience includes representation of:
- An international food storage and handling company in the development and construction of a state-of-the-art temperature-controlled import/export warehouse and distribution center at the Port of Houston.
- A national homebuilder in all phases of the purchase of several Georgia single-family developments from contract negotiation and execution, due diligence, homeowner association and declaration matters to the closing of all the land or the take-down of the land by lot(s).
- A multi-family housing borrower in connection with mezzanine and construction loan financing for an apartment development in Irvine, California.
- A multi-family investor in the purchase of several apartment projects in Georgia and North Carolina.
- A Timberland REIT listed on the NYSE in the acquisition, management and sale of approximately 500,000 acres of timberland located in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, and Texas.
- A German Timberland fund in the sale of several thousand acres of timberland in Florida.
- A U.S. based Timberland Investment Management Fund in the sale of several thousand acres of timberland in Florida.
- A U.K. based Timberland Investment Management Fund in the sale of several thousand acres of timberland in Florida and Georgia.
- Several developers and investor of woody biomass pellet facilities in the Southeastern U.S.
- Georgia Forestry Association’s 2014 Annual Conference & Expo, July 2014
- Pellet Trade & Transport Summit, February 2014
- Financing Renewable Energy Projects, February 2013
- Panelist, Legal Issues Forum, National Conference of Private Forest Landowners, May 2012
- UGA’s 2011 Timberland Investment Conference, March 2011
- “Missed Opportunities and Common Mistakes: Legal Perspectives on Timberland Ownership,” 2010 Forest Landowners Association National Meeting
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2017 to 2023 for Real Estate Law
- Named in The Legal 500 United States, Real Estate, 2007, 2008, 2011, 2015, 2016
- Selected in the 2010 edition of Corporate Counsel as a “Georgia Real Estate Super Lawyer”
- Selected for inclusion in Atlanta Super Lawyers®, Real Estate, 2006-2009
- Atlanta Bar Association – Real Property Section
- Brazilian-American Chamber of Commerce of the Southeast
- Cobb County Chamber of Commerce – Leadership Cobb Class of 2002
- Forest Landowners Association, Inc.
- Georgia Forestry Association
- German America Chamber of Commerce of the Southern United States
- State Bar of Georgia – Real Property Section
- Mercer University School of Law, J.D.
- University of South Florida, B.A.