- Defended pharmaceutical company against claims including injuries related to contraceptive device.
- Defended chemical company in claims alleging injuries related to home use chemical product.
- Defended a pharmaceutical company in multiple actions alleging injuries arising out of the plaintiffs’ use of statin medications, including cases involving liver transplant and rhabdomyolysis.
- Defended a pharmaceutical company in an action arising out of plaintiffs’ decedent’s suicide alleged to be caused by the abuse of ADHD medications.
- Defended a pharmaceutical company in more than one hundred national diet medication cases alleging that the medications caused primary pulmonary hypertension and heart valve damage.
- Defended a major medical device manufacturer in multiple cases that were part of a national product liability litigation alleging hypersensitive allergic reactions resulting from the use of latex gloves.
- Defended the manufacturer of a tub grinder in a product liability action brought as a result of severe injuries suffered while operating the equipment.
- Defended a pharmaceutical manufacturer against allegation that its anti-nausea medication caused tardive dyskinesia.
- Defended a pharmaceutical manufacturer against allegation that its anti-nausea medication caused an alteration in the plaintiff’s psychological state.
- Defended the manufacturer of gym equipment against allegations of severe injuries caused by a defect in the equipment.
- Defended the manufacturer of dietary supplements against claims that product caused a stroke.
- Defended a manufacturer of hospital equipment against claim that product was defective and failed resulting in serious injuries.
- Successfully managed a team of 30 lawyers, 20 paralegals and 12 nurses in defense of more than 200 diet medication cases filed against a pharmaceutical company in Georgia.
- Obtained summary judgment for a pharmaceutical company against a plaintiff claiming that the company’s injectable medication used in cataract surgery was defective and caused injury.
- Defended the manufacturer of an anti-IBS medication against claims that it caused cardiac arrest.
- Defended a medical device manufacturer against plaintiff’s claims that its contact lenses were defective resulting in injury to plaintiff’s cornea.
Consumer Class Action
- Defended medical record processing company against consumer class action claims alleging excessive fee changes.
- Defended medical record processing company in consumer class action claims alleging statutory violations.
- Defended an insulation installation company against allegations that its failure to warn of fire spread properties of product caused $260 million in additional property damage.
- Defended a corporation and its hirees against claims that they violated their agreements not-to-compete, solicit customers, solicit employees and remove confidential information.
- Prosecuted multiple cases on behalf of employers seeking to enforce non-solicitation and non-compete agreements.
- Prosecuted a case on behalf of shareholders of a staffing company against a shareholder that failed to abide by terms of shareholders’ agreement.
- Prosecuted case for misappropriation of trade secrets by a competitor company, including its alteration of marketing materials to misrepresent products and their effectiveness.
- R & R Insulation Services, Inc. v. Royal Indemnity, et al. 307 Ga. App. 419 (2010).
- Abrohams v. Atlantic Mutual Insurance Company, 282 Ga. App. 176 (2006), cert. denied.
- Rodriguez v. Nunez, 252 Ga. App. 56 (2001).
- Dorsey v. Clark Atlanta University, 224 Ga. App. 787 (1997).
- Dorsey v. International Business Machines, 97 F.3d 1469 (11th Cir., 1996).
- Co-author (with Douglas Pearson and Leonard Lescosky), “Avoiding the Jungle: Limiting Exposure for Drugs Made in China,” ACC Docket, Association of Corporate Counsel, June 2011
- Selected for inclusion in the The Best Lawyers in America© 2023 for Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed as a Litigation Star by Benchmark Litigation, 2016, 2020 to 2023
- Georgia Bar Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association, Mass Torts Committee
- Cobb County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Washington & Jefferson College Alumni Executive Council
- Western New England College School of Law, J.D., 1994
- Washington and Jefferson College, B.A., 1991
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit