Todd M. Schild
Partner in Charge, Cincinnati
Todd is a member of Thompson Hine's Executive Committee, the partner in charge of the Cincinnati office and a member of the firm's Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. Todd's practice focuses on middle-market mergers and acquisitions in the U.S. and around the world. He also advises clients in connection with a wide range of other transactional and business matters, including joint ventures, capital raising activities, commercial agreements, entity organization and governance, and everyday business counseling.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented U.S. public company in connection with $200+ million, multi-jurisdictional carveout and sale of industrial fluids business.
- Represented contract chemistry lab in connection with the sale of the company to an affiliate of a China-based public company.
- Advised U.S. public company in connection with acquisition of 100% of the common shares of manufacturer of electrification technologies for commercial vehicles.
- Represented multi-national industrial conglomerate in connection with the acquisition of:
- Israel-based industrial cybersecurity software company
- Oil & gas engineering services firm; and
- Startup focused on spectral imaging technology
- Represented shareholders of U.S.-based aerospace parts and service company in connection with the sale of a majority interest to a private equity-backed strategic acquirer.
- Represented corporate seller in connection with the sale of Quebec-based manufacturer of expandable polystyrene.
- Represented packaging equipment manufacturer in connection with dozens of U.S. and cross-border acquisitions, ranging in size from under $5 million to over $100 million.
- Represented venture-backed software-as-a-service company in connection with sale of assets to a subsidiary of a public company.
- Represented industrial container manufacturer in connection with sale to strategic acquirer.
- Represented German multi-national company in connection with acquisition of U.S. industrial services company.
- Served as company counsel in connection with sale of packaging equipment manufacturer from one private equity sponsor to another private equity firm.
- Represented leading U.S. chemical company in connection with the acquisition of German competitor.
- Represented public company in connection with approximately $7,000,000 acquisition of complimentary software business.
- Represented owners of direct selling company in sale of 60% of business and negotiation of post-sale operating agreement.
- Represented financial services industry consulting firm in connection with approximately $30,000,000 sale to public company buyer.
- Represented owners of industry-leading animal by-product and bakery by-product recycling company in connection with approximately $840,000,000 sale to strategic, public company buyer.
- Represented international manufacturer of custom machined and heat-treated parts and component assemblies with cross-border acquisition of manufacturer of material handling equipment.
- Represented subsidiary of Swiss public company in acquisition of 100% of the stock of two U.S. dairy companies.
- Represented manufacturer of pressure sensitive labels in approximately $37,000,000 acquisition of subsidiary of leading global beverage company, along with negotiation of related cross-border debt financing arrangements.
General Corporate and Commercial Matters
- Served as outside "general counsel" to private companies at all stages of the business life-cycle.
- Assisted clients in connection with corporate "divorces".
- Provided organizational and structural advice to various clients, including negotiation and drafting of complex buy/sell and operating agreements.
- Assisted various clients with multi-state internal tax-driven restructurings.
- Provided advice to foreign clients in connection with formation of U.S. subsidiaries.
- Reviewed, negotiated and drafted supply and procurement agreements, equipment leases, services agreements, software licenses and other commercial agreements for clients in a variety of sectors.
- "Helping Your Client Buy or Sell a Small-to-Medium Sized Business," NBI Seminar, November 2011
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021, 2022 for Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Selected for inclusion in IFLR 1000, 2019 to 2021
- Selected to the Ohio Rishing Stars list, 2013 to 2018
- Listed in The Legal 500 in M&A: Middle-Market (sub-$500m), 2017-2019, 2021, 2022
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/M&A, Ohio, 2015 to 2018
- Cincinnati Business Courier's "Forty under 40" Class of 2013
- Venue Magazine, Great Leader Under 40, 2012
- American Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Leadership Cincinnati, Class 43
- European American Chamber of Commerce, Greater Cincinnati, board member; 2018 to present
- Jewish Federation of Cincinnati; executive committee member, 2020-present; board member, 2017 to 2018
- Mayerson Jewish Community Center; board member, 2012 to 2019; President, 2015 to 2017
- Rockdale Temple; board member, 2014 to 2020
- American Jewish Committee Cincinnati Chapter; board member, 2012 to 2015
- Cincinnati History Museum Advisory Board; board member, 2010 to 2015
- Jewish Community Relations Council of Cincinnati; Board of Directors, 2009 to 2013
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, C-Change Class VI
IFLR1000 2021 Recognizes Thompson Hine Lawyers and Practices - Four Practices and Ten Lawyers Receive Acclaim
January 18, 2022
IFLR1000 2020 Recognizes Thompson Hine Lawyers and Practices - Four Practices and Nine Lawyers Receive National Acclaim
January 27, 2021
May 05, 2020