Todd M. Schild
Todd is a Partner in the firm's Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. He counsels clients in connection with a wide range of domestic and international commercial and transactional matters, including acquisitions, divestitures, and mergers of businesses and business lines, capital raising and financing activities, commercial agreements, and entity organization and governance.
Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Represented venture-backed software-as-a-service company in connection with sale of assets to a subsidiary of a public company.
- Represented industrial container manufacturer in connection with sale to strategic acquirer.
- Represented German multi-national company in connection with acquisition of U.S. industrial services company.
- Served as company counsel in connection with sale of packaging equipment manufacturer from one private equity sponsor to another private equity firm.
- Represented leading U.S. chemical company in connection with the acquisition of German competitor.
- Represented packaging equipment manufacturer in connection with multiple U.S. and cross-border acquisitions.
- Represented public company in connection with approximately $7,000,000 acquisition of complimentary software business.
- Represented owners of direct selling company in sale of 60% of business and negotiation of post-sale operating agreement.
- Represented financial services industry consulting firm in connection with approximately $30,000,000 sale to public company buyer.
- Represented owners of industry-leading animal by-product and bakery by-product recycling company in connection with approximately $840,000,000 sale to strategic, public company buyer.
- Represented international manufacturer of custom machined and heat-treated parts and component assemblies with cross-border acquisition of manufacturer of material handling equipment.
- Represented subsidiary of Swiss public company in acquisition of 100% of the stock of two U.S. dairy companies.
- Represented manufacturer of pressure sensitive labels in approximately $37,000,000 acquisition of subsidiary of leading global beverage company, along with negotiation of related cross-border debt financing arrangements.
Capital Raising and Financing Activities
- Represented growth-stage diagnostic medicine company in connection with Series A investment by well-known West Coast venture capital firms.
- Represented public company in multiple venture-style investments in technology companies.
- Represented specialty chemicals company in connection with exchange of over $100,000,000 of two series of private corporate debt.
- Represented specialty chemicals company in negotiation of $30,000,000 revolving line of credit with national bank.
- Represented international soap manufacturing company in negotiation of U.S. and Canadian denominated credit facility.
General Corporate and Commercial Matters
- Served as outside "general counsel" to private companies at all stages of the business life-cycle.
- Assisted clients in connection with corporate "divorces".
- Provided organizational and structural advice to various clients, including negotiation and drafting of complex buy/sell and operating agreements.
- Assisted various clients with multi-state internal tax-driven restructurings.
- Provided advice to foreign clients in connection with formation of U.S. subsidiaries.
- Reviewed, negotiated and drafted supply and procurement agreements, equipment leases, services agreements, software licenses and other commercial agreements for clients in a variety of sectors.
- "Helping Your Client Buy or Sell a Small-to-Medium Sized Business," NBI Seminar, November 2011
- Selected for inclusion in IFLR 1000, 2019
- Selected for inclusion in Rising Stars by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine, 2013 to 2018
- Listed in Legal 500 in Merger and Acquisition, 2017-2019
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/M&A, Ohio, 2015 to 2017
- Cincinnati Business Courier's "Forty under 40" Class of 2013
- Venue Magazine, Great Leader Under 40, 2012
- American Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- European American Chamber of Commerce, Greater Cincinnati, Board Member
- Jewish Federation of Cincinnati; board member, 2017 to present
- Mayerson Jewish Community Center, board member, 2012 to present; President, 2015 to 2017
- Rockdale Temple, board member, 2014 to present
- American Jewish Committee Cincinnati Chapter, board member, 2012 to 2015
- Cincinnati History Museum Advisory Board, board member, 2010 to 2015
- Jewish Community Relations Council of Cincinnati, Board of Directors, 2009 to 2013
- Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, C-Change Class VI, participant
Thompson Hine Advises Pro Mach, Inc. on Major Cross-Border Acquisition - P.E. Labellers Acquisition Closed May 17
May 19, 2017