Alexandra Chanin Nelson
Atlanta Co-Chair, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Initiative
Alex is an Atlanta native with strong ties to the Atlanta business community.
Alex works extensively with both small privately held companies and large publicly held companies on a variety of product liability and business matters. Her product liability experience is broad but is focused primarily on claims relating to large tort matters involving fuel gas. Alex also has significant experience handling complex business litigation matters, real estate matters, and matters involving post-employment obligations. Alex’s representative matters include the following:
- Obtaining summary judgment on several matters involving large gas explosions;
- Obtaining and defending temporary restraining orders and injunctions relating to restrictive covenants and misappropriation of trade secrets;
- Obtaining summary judgment on multiple breach of contract actions throughout the United States;
- Defending large corporations in class action litigation matters throughout the United States;
- Representing both landlords and tenants in a variety of real estate matters, including lease disputes and general contract matters.
Alex also has significant experience counseling her clients on pre litigation matters and providing general business advice.
Alex is actively involved in the Atlanta office’s extensive Spotlight on Women Initiative and is currently the Chair of the Atlanta Office’s Women’s initiative program. Outside of work, Alex enjoys spending time with her husband and two small children and playing tennis.
- Obtained summary judgment on multiple occasions for large natural gas company in Georgia involving large gas explosions.
- Obtained court of appeals reversal of default judgment entered after improper service.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of hotel lender regarding breach of guarantee agreements, resulting in multi-million dollar judgment.
- Obtained heavily contested default judgment against borrowers in Dekalb County, Georgia.
- Obtained 60-day emergency TRO prohibiting misuse of trade secrets in absence of restrictive covenants in Hall County Georgia.
- Obtained on multiple occasions injunctive relief enforcing nationwide covenant not to compete against former sales strategy director in Cobb County, Georgia.
- Defeated certification of a class consisting of members throughout the state of New York on behalf of a large corporation in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Obtained favorable settlement for commercial real estate developer in breach of contract suit.
- Successfully briefed numerous motions to dismiss relating to wrongful foreclosure and lender liability issues.
- Selected to Benchmark Litigation 40 & Under Hot List, 2021
- Selected for inclusion in Euromoney's 2021 Expert Guides: Rising Stars for Business Litigation
- Selected to the Georgia Rising Stars list, 2018-2021
- Dean's Award in Legal Research, Writing and Advocacy Program, 2009
August 24, 2021
Five Thompson Hine Lawyers Recognized by Georgia Super LawyersThompson Hine LLP
February 12, 2021
Five Thompson Hine Lawyers Recognized by Georgia Super Lawyers Thompson Hine LLP
February 14, 2020
Thompson Hine Elects New PartnersThompson Hine LLP
January 23, 2020