Jamar T. King
Jamar is an efficient, effective, and experienced lawyer in the firm’s Business Litigation group. He has a deep understanding of the nuances of oral advocacy and is a highly skilled litigator.
His practice includes a variety of matters, including general commercial disputes, financial services litigation, business torts, intellectual property disputes, alternative dispute resolution, and product liability.
A former assistant public defender for Montgomery County, Ohio, Jamar has successfully tried several cases and argued dozens of motions before multiple courts. He has also represented clients in both the mediation and arbitration settings.
While attending law school, Jamar received extensive “behind the scenes” experience, serving both as a judicial extern for Ohio Supreme Court Justice Judith A. Lanzinger and Judge Lee H. Hildebrandt, Jr. of Ohio’s First District Court of Appeals.
He prides himself on delivering excellent client service.
- Obtained numerous favorable decisions on behalf financial institutions and mortgage servicers, both in individual and class actions, in a variety of cases, including commercial foreclosures, commercial collection and replevin, cases alleging wrongful/abusive collection tactics, wrongful repossession, wrongful foreclosure, tortious interference, conspiracy, defamation, preference, and violations of the Consumer Sales Practices Act, Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Retail Installment Sales Act, Second Mortgage Loan Act and the Truth In Lending Act.
- Routinely represents landlords in both commercial and residential leasing disputes and eviction actions.
- Successfully tried and obtained complete acquittal of state criminal charges against food services professional.
- Obtained dismissal of all of state criminal charges against automotive industry professional.
- Achieved favorable settlements on behalf of business clients involved in complex commercial disputes.
- Argued against and defeated petition for permanent restraining order against client.
- Prevented prosecution of several individual clients accused of engaging in a variety of criminal activity.
- “The Art of Argument: Using the Pixar Storytelling Formula to Persuade Judges and Jurors,” Litigation Management in a New York Minute Seminar, Network of Trial Law Firms, August 3, 2018
- "Qualified Written Requests: The Basics," American Bar Association Consumer Financial Services Committee, January 2019 (Aventura, FL)
- Ohio Supreme Court Board on the Unauthorized Practice of Law, Board of Commissioners
- Dayton Bar Association Bar Briefs, Editorial Board
- Thurgood Marshall Law Society – Dayton, Diversity Summer Clerkship Co-Founder
- Greater Dayton Area Diversity & Inclusion Legal Roundtable
- Dayton Bar Association Leadership Development, Class of 2014-2015
- UpDayton, Former Board Member, 2014-2018
- Wesley Community Center, Board of Trustees
- City of Dayton Neighborhood Leadership Institute, Class of 2017