Clint is a registered patent attorney and a member of the firm's Intellectual Property practice group. He focuses his practice on patent preparation and prosecution, particularly in electrical, computer, software and mechanical technologies.
Before joining Thompson Hine, Clint served as an associate at other firms in Atlanta, where he gained significant experience preparing original patent applications, responding to U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) actions, conducting inventor and examiner interview calls, performing patentability searches and preparing invalidity opinions.
While attending law school, Clint served as an associate, law clerk and patent agent for a Georgia law firm and completed the USPTO's Summer Patent Program.
Prior to entering the legal profession, Clint worked for more than a decade in technical sales and account management with multiple companies focusing on medical and surgical equipment, software and hardware, including a Fortune 100 multinational U.S. conglomerate. With that company he completed a 15-month intensive leadership course. Clint also has earned Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
Clint holds a Bachelor of Science in biomedical engineering with a concentration in electrical engineering. His technical experience encompasses computer architecture; computer hardware and software; machine learning; user interfaces; autonomous driving; search engines; cloud computing; virtual machines; location-based services; e-commerce; databases; advertising; medical equipment and devices; semiconductors (including devices, equipment and processes); wireless systems and devices; financial and medical transaction systems; and power generation equipment and controls.
A sampling of Clint’s experience includes:
- Representing corporations, entrepreneurs and startups regarding protecting technical innovations.
- Prosecuting patents for corporations, entrepreneurs, startups and individuals before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Developing protection strategies for intellectual property assets and portfolios.
- Prosecuting and enforcing patents worldwide.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Member, Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Advisory Board member, Georgia Lawyers for the Arts/Georgia PATENTS
- Member, State Bar of Georgia, Intellectual Property Law Section