Jesse L. Jenike-Godshalk
Jesse is an associate in the firm’s Business Litigation practice group. He represents clients in state and federal court, focusing his practice on complex commercial litigation, particularly intellectual property disputes involving patents, trademarks, or copyrights.
- Representation of manufacturer of packaged nails and screws in trademark infringement litigation.
- Representation of the owner of a patent covering process for preparing pressure sensitive adhesive in declaratory judgment litigation asserting claims of invalidity and inequitable conduct.
- Representation of a company that markets and licenses fat reduction procedures in multiple cases asserting trademark infringement.
- Representation of Fortune 500 chemical manufacturer in copyright infringement litigation.
- Representation of international clinical research organization in contract litigation.
- Representation of a manufacturer of food flavoring in defense of toxic tort litigation.
- Representation of a large public university in litigation involving numerous tort and contract claims.
- “Federal Circuit Holds Statements During Inter Partes Review Can Be Prosecution Disclaimer,” Thompson Hine Intellectual Property Update, May 2017
- “Almost Zero: Recent Federal Circuit Decision Shows Lanham Act Sets Very Low Bar in Requiring Use of Trademark ‘In Commerce,’” Thompson Hine Intellectual Property Litigation Update, November 2016
- “How to Be Anti-Troll Without Being Antitrust: A Six-Step Primer,” NAT’L L. REV., Mar. 8, 2013 (with Ria Farrell Schalnat)
- “Are Bloggers’ Free Speech Rights Under Attack?,” NAT’L L. REV., Feb. 23, 2012
- “‘Actual Malice’ is not Actually Malice: Clarifying and Solving One of the Supreme Court's Enduring Paradoxes,” NAT’L L. REV., Feb. 7, 2012
- “‘Plausible Cause’?: How Criminal Procedure Can Illuminate the U.S. Supreme Court’s New General Pleading Standard in Civil Suits,” 79 U. CIN. L. REV. 791 (2011)
- “Appealed Denials and Denied Appeals: Finding a Middle Ground in the Appellate Review of Denials of Summary Judgment Following a Full Trial on the Merits,” 78 U. CIN. L. REV. 1595 (2010)
- Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Star, Business Litigation, 2019
- American Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association, Young Lawyer Section Council
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Cincinnati Intellectual Property Law Association, Outreach Committee
- University of Cincinnati Law Alumni Association Board of Trustees
- University of Cincinnati Law Review Alumni Advisory Board
- University of Cincinnati Law Review Blog, Contributing Editor
- Potter Stewart Inn of Court, Barrister
- Spina Bifida Coalition of Cincinnati, Board Member and Chair of Governance Committee
- United Way Emerging Leader