A sampling of Jack’s experience includes:
- Serving as national construction and development counsel for large multi-state affordable and market rate multifamily housing developer on 30 projects commonly using HUD construction financing and LIHTC.
- Representing owners in connection with development, finance and construction of new $300 million MLS stadium and surrounding mixed-use development.
- Representing community improvement corporation serving as agency of Ohio municipality in connection with public-private partnership executing the redevelopment of 100+ acre site.
- Representing investor-owner in approximately $800 million in transactions involving acquisition, disposition, development and construction of office, multifamily, industrial, retail and student housing projects in various locations throughout the United States.
- Representing owner in development of approximately $60+ million chemical manufacturing facility project, including drafting and negotiating engineering, procurement and construction agreement with major EPC firm.
- Representing nonprofit affordable housing developer and builder in connection with a variety of multifamily and scattered site housing developments.
- Serving as construction counsel to affordable housing developer in acquisition and rehabilitation of more than 20 multifamily projects.
- Representing owner-operator in the review, negotiation and drafting of agreements for procurement of construction services, professional services, materials and equipment for large-scale domestic energy facility.
- Representing design firm in the review, negotiation and drafting of more than 100 different agreements with owners from a variety of industry sectors.
- Representing construction manager in the review, negotiation and drafting of construction agreements and related documents for numerous multifamily development with project budgets ranging from approximately $30 million to $70 million.
- Representing Ohio nonprofit organization in the acquisition of headquarters building through lease-purchase option.
- Representing Ohio nonprofit organization in the construction of new headquarters and service center.
- Drafting reciprocal easement agreement for historic retail/office building contemplating air rights splits and varying degrees of shared use common areas.
- Conducting due diligence reviews of construction contracts and real estate documents in connection with a variety of property and portfolio transactions.
- “Opportunity Knocking in Ohio,” Columbus Business First, April 2019
- Contributor, “It’s All About the Contract,” ABA Forum on Construction Law, Plenary Paper, April 2019
- “AIA, The Next Decade: Key Revisions in the 2017 Suite of Contracts,” The Practical Real Estate Lawyer, January 2018 (Part 1), March 2018 (Part 2)
- “Update: Ohio Appellate Court Affirms Injunction on Local Hire Law,” Thompson Hine Construction Update, December 2017
- “Trending Exception to the Exclusion: Finding a Subcontractor’s Defect Isn’t ‘Your Work,’” Thompson Hine Construction Update, March 2017
- “Update: Court Grants Permanent Injunction in Local Hire Lawsuit,” Thompson Hine Construction Update, February 2017
- “New Ohio Property Tax Exemption for Commercial and Industrial Development,” Thompson Hine Construction Update, January 2017
- “Local Hiring Programs – Recent Updates and Legislation,” ABA, Under Construction, Vol. 18 No. 2, December 2016
- “Impact of Tariffs and Trade Issues on Federal and Commercial Construction,” Thompson Hine Hot Topics in Construction: Taxes, Tariffs & Trending Topics Webinar, May 2018
- “Do You Want to Upgrade to the Turbocharged Model? Will You Notice the Difference? New AIA Documents and BIM Incorporation,” Thompson Hine Construction & Real Estate Hot Topics Seminar, May 2017
- Received a 2022 and 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Construction Law
- Leadership Columbus, Class of 2021
- Listed as a Rising Star in The Legal 500, 2021, 2022; listed in The Legal 500, 2019 to 2022
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2016, cum laude
- Rhodes College, B.A., 2012,
Anthropology & Sociolog