The CARES Act: Employment & Benefits Update – Webinar (RECORDING AVAILABLE)
Date: April 01, 2020
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 1:15 p.m. ET
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) was enacted last week to provide emergency relief for employers and individuals. It includes emergency grants in the form of forgivable loans for companies with 500 or fewer employees, increased unemployment benefits, payroll tax incentives, enhanced retirement distribution options and health plan changes. Large corporations may benefit from loans and other funding repayable to the government, subject to public disclosures and other requirements.
Please join members of our Labor & Employment and Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice groups for a discussion of some of the key provisions of the CARES Act. Our topics will include:
- Parameters for enhanced unemployment benefits
- Updated DOL guidance on the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Required and permitted changes for health plans
- New plan design options to provide participants with early access to retirement funds
- Retirement plan considerations related to furloughs and layoffs
- Using the CARES Act small business loan program to pay for the retention of employees
- Rehiring, retention and pay considerations to obtain maximum loan forgiveness
- Employee restrictions and limitations for using the loan program to cover payroll costs
Please register online to receive instructions on how to join the webinar.