The following is a sampling of our experience in environmental justice matters:
- Formulation of ESG strategic plans that include environmental justice priorities.
- Provide input on environmental justice action plans for national manufacturer to implement at facilities across the U.S.
- Conducted environmental justice analysis of a global chemical manufacturer’s 19 U.S. facilities.
- Analyze various clients’ environmental justice risks and opportunities by utilizing EPA’s EJScreen tool in combination with other EPA, state and local environmental resources.
- Assist manufacturing client with identifying state environmental justice requirements in connection with expansion goals for future plant locations.
- Developed strategies to address state emission offset requirements impacting air permitting in environmental justice areas.
- Successfully upheld a landfill expansion opposed by citizens group.
- Supported transfer station expansion contested for violating Cincinnati’s environmental justice ordinance.
- Defended odor nuisance action filed by 200 neighbors of a landfill.
- Advised federal agency of the conservation and legal implications of returning the National Bison Range to federal tribal management.
- Successfully defend socio-economic impacts analysis under NEPA in federal agency adjudication allowing access to specific portions of public land for mineral extraction.
- Advice and counsel to clients in connection with environmental justice due diligence issues in M&A transactions.
- Assist real estate developer in environmental justice issues in connection with the sale of a former manufacturing site.
- Advice and counsel to clients at various Superfund Sites regarding proactive environmental justice strategies.
- Work in coordination with environmental public relations specialist on community outreach in environmental justice areas including preparation of fact sheets, Q&A and related documents.
- Identify local resources to utilize in implementation of site remedies.
- Incorporate development (including solar) and other enhancements into remedy decisions.
- Assist manufacturers to revise community response plan to address environmental justice considerations in community.
- Developed proactive community engagement options associated with Superfund sites at the state and federal level.
- Formulate CAG agreements and presentations for CAG meetings to maximize community input and minimize PRP risk.
- Participated in public meetings associated with notice and comment periods for both permitting and site remediation.
- Partnered with environmental public relations specialists to conduct targeted outreach associated with sensitive topics, including vapor intrusion and site cleanup.