Cross Disciplinary Team
Distressed M&A requires an experienced deal team and a full range of professionals. Thomson Hine has the lawyers with the necessary skills, including:
Broad Industry Experience
Different industries present different risks and opportunities. We are experienced in a broad range of industries, including:
We also understand the complexities of distressed transactions:
- A distressed company’s lenders, landlords, vendors, customers, employees (unionized or not), and other stakeholders are all impacted by its predicament. We have the ability to advise each of these parties with the goal of reaching a positive outcome.
- A distressed transaction often moves quickly as the distressed company is running out of money.
- A distressed transaction is an “as is,” “where is” sale in which the seller provides limited representation and warranties.
- A buyer usually has little recourse against the seller after the transaction closes.
- Receiverships and assignments for the benefit of creditors are governed by statutes that vary by state, which is why working with attorneys who have experience handling these types of proceedings in various states is crucial.
Distressed M&A requires an experienced deal team and a full range of professionals. Thompson Hine has the lawyers with the necessary skills, including:
- Chemical Industry Regulatory Update – November 2020,
A Newsletter from The Adhesive and Sealant Council and Thompson Hine LLP, November 5, 2020
- New CFIUS Critical Technology Mandatory Filing Requirements Take Effect October 15,
International Trade Update, October 14, 2020
- Business Law Update – Fall 2020,
Thompson Hine Newsletter, September 21, 2020