- Represented buyers and sellers in hundreds of asset sales, stock sales and mergers, ranging from under $1 million to more than $1.5 billion.
- Represented buyers and sellers in dozens of §363 and Article 9 transactions, ranging from $2 million to over $1 billion, in industries including automotive, building products, consumer products, franchise restaurants, health care, nonferrous metals, plastics and steel.
- Represented the State of Ohio in the $1.5 billion franchise and transfer of the Enterprise Acquisition Project to JobsOhio.
- Served as outside general counsel to family-owned businesses with sales ranging from under $10 million to more than $200 million.
- Served as outside general counsel to a Fortune 500 company.
- Represented clients in the formation and operation of joint ventures ranging from $5 million to over $1 billion.
- Represented private equity funds in acquisitions, dispositions and fund formations.
- Represented families and individuals in business succession planning and wealth planning.
- Represented individuals and groups in disputes regarding ownership and management of privately-held businesses.
- Advised entrepreneurs in the formation, growth and disposition of their businesses.
- Represented executives and inventors in their dealings with their employers.
- Advised boards of directors, special committees and financial advisers in connection with equity and debt transactions.
- Presenter, “Distressed M&A Fireside Chat,” Thompson Hine Webinar Series, February 2021
- “Talent Acquisition and Motivation Strategies for Private Equity Firms,” May 2014
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019 to 2023 for Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1993
- Harvard University, B.A., 1986, cum laude