We represent major secured and unsecured lenders, creditors’ committees, credit enhancement providers, debtors, and various other parties in interest in finance transactions, workouts and bankruptcy matters.
- Representing the indenture trustee of two issuances of public debt of Sino-Forest Corporation, aggregating $1 billion, in connection with insolvency proceedings pending in Canada.
- Representing the largest Mexican airline in its Chapter 15 bankruptcy case pending in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, involving more than $1 billion in debt.
- Representing the largest secured creditor of ROL Manufacturing (Canada) Ltd., involving cross-border proceedings in both Canada and the United States (Bankr. S.D. Ohio).
- Representing the largest bank creditor of Escada (USA), Inc., individually and as co-chair of the official creditors’ committee, in Chapter 15 bankruptcy proceedings pending in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Representing a global bank in defense of a multimillion-dollar preference claim filed by the Chapter 7 trustee of Axona International Credit & Commerce, Ltd., a Hong Kong deposit-taking company, in one of the first dual plenary bankruptcy cases filed in the United States (Bankr. S.D.N.Y.).