We represent major secured and unsecured lenders, creditors’ committees, credit enhancement providers, debtors, and various other interested parties in finance transactions, workouts and bankruptcy matters. Clients benefit from our team’s substantial knowledge of bankruptcy and creditors’ rights law and skill in developing creative business strategies.
Our practice covers all aspects of bankruptcy and business restructuring issues involving:
- Asset Purchases & Sales
- Creditors’ Committees
- Customer & Supplier Issues
- Debtor Representation
- Indenture Trustee Representation
- Insolvency Litigation
- Landlord/Real Estate Developer Representation
- Lender Representation
- Lessor/Secured Lender Representation in Equipment Finance Matters
Clients turn to us for representation in commercial and bankruptcy related litigation including fraudulent transfer, preference, breach of fiduciary duty, deepening insolvency and corporate governance issues. Our lawyers serve as workout and bankruptcy counsel for clients in the financial, automotive, construction, manufacturing, steel, real estate, retail, health care and a variety of other sectors. We also offer significant experience in advising on cross-border insolvency and cases under Chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code.
A small sample of our experience includes:
- Representing financial institutions in complex workouts, debt restructurings and reorganizations.
- Advising agent banks in syndicated loan restructurings.
- Providing counsel to indenture trustees in large and complex Chapter 11 reorganizations.
- Serving as national coordinating bankruptcy counsel for significant clients, including a number of large manufacturing companies and financial institutions.
- Representing debtors and creditors' committees in Chapter 11 cases.
- Advising court appointed receivers, trustees and assignees for the benefit of creditors.
- Providing counsel to real estate developers in connection with landlord/tenant and partnership/joint venture issues in major Chapter 11 cases.
- Representing purchasers of assets in Section 363 bankruptcy sales.
- Advising clients on how best to position themselves to respond effectively to the financial instability of their customers and suppliers.
Please fill out this form if you'd like to subscribe to any of the electronic newsletters and alerts we publish on developments in many areas of the law, legislative and regulatory changes, and industry trends.
Colorado Bankruptcy Judge Kicks Cannabis Debtor Out of Court - Cannabis Practice Update
January 19, 2021
Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021: Implications for Business - COVID-19 Update
December 30, 2020
December 28, 2020
“You” Really Means “You”: Ohio Supreme Court Reaffirms Contract Interpretation Principles for Cognovit Notes - Business Restructuring, Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy Update
December 14, 2020
Business Law Update – Fall 2020 - Thompson Hine Newsletter
September 21, 2020
Tenth Circuit Limits Bankruptcy Protections for Private Student Loans - Business Litigation Update
September 10, 2020
COVID-19’s Impact on Directors’ Fiduciary Duties to Distressed Companies - COVID-19 Update
June 29, 2020
Chemical Industry Regulatory Update - June 2020 - A Newsletter from The Adhesive and Sealant Council and Thompson Hine LLP
June 11, 2020
May 26, 2020
Risk Mitigation in Supply Chain Contracts: Consigned Goods - COVID-19 Update
May 20, 2020
May 13, 2020
May 11, 2020
May 06, 2020
May 02, 2020
April 07, 2020
CARES Act: Implications for Businesses - COVID-19 Update
March 28, 2020
New Bankruptcy Amendments Lower the Burdens of Preference Actions on Defendants - Business Restructuring, Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy Update
September 20, 2019
Second Circuit Permits Madoff Trustee to Pursue Transfers Made Between Foreign Entities - Business Restructuring, Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy and Business Litigation Update
March 06, 2019