Thompson Hine's Transportation practice has extensive experience in:
- air carrier regulation;
- requests for DOT approvals, licenses and certificates;
- route proceedings;
- airline alliances, including code-sharing and blocked space arrangements;
- antitrust matters;
- investigations and enforcement proceedings involving consumer protection issues;
- obtaining authorizations to serve U.S. points;
- analysis of rights available under multi-lateral and bilateral air transport agreements;
- aircraft registration;
- formation of voting trusts for foreign entities;
- aircraft sales and lease transactions;
- FAA enforcement proceedings, including those related to shipments of hazardous materials;
- airport construction, development, funding and charges; and
- other regulatory and administrative matters.
We have experience in other air transportation and aviation matters, including the representation of aviation clients in the certification of aircraft, operations or pilots; airport services; and evaluating and making recommendations regarding tax questions and product liability exposure. We also have experience in air transportation charters and contracts, as well as cargo liability disputes. In addition, we represent clients from various industries on issues pertaining to unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), or drones, including how to obtain authorization for commercial UAS operations and ongoing developments in the law on UAS issues.
- Defended shipper charged by FAA with hazardous materials regulatory violations.
- Appealed FAA retraction of a “no hazard” determination for new tower-antenna.
FAA Issues Final Rule on Remote Drone Identification - Transportation Update
January 19, 2021
FAA Allows Drone Operations Over People and at Night - Transportation Update
January 19, 2021
FAA Releases Long-Awaited Proposed Drone Remote Identification Rule - Transportation Update
January 06, 2020
FAA to Seek Comments on Measures to Address Drone Risks - Transportation Update
February 07, 2019
FAA Proposes Rules Allowing Drone Flights Over People and at Night - Transportation Update
January 16, 2019