Examples of Whitney’s experience include:
- Successfully devised a plan for the review and production of more than 400,000 documents, involving negotiating search terms and production-related agreements, working with client to identify responsive custodians, hiring and managing dozens of contract attorneys and devising and managing firm attorneys’ privilege review and logging, all done within six months and ahead of schedule.
- Defended a CERCLA cost allocation suit, including devising a plan for collecting, reviewing and producing more than three million pages of documents from various sites throughout the United States, including historical documents that were restricted from removal from government offices.
- Drafted model discovery responses following amendments to Federal and Ohio Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Developed and implemented, revised and refined multiple clients’ document retention plans and legal holds.
- In response to CERCLA § 104(e) request, collected tens of thousands of client’s historic documents and devised and oversaw document review, conducted privilege review and prepared written response to US EPA’s allegations regarding a major Superfund site and successorship allegations.
- Former Member, Lawyers’ Assistance Committee, Akron Bar Association
- Former Co-chair, Advocacy Committee, Women in Law Section, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Valparaiso University School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Valparaiso University, B.A., 2003, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio