- Successfully defended shipowner in a jury trial in state court in Wisconsin in which the plaintiff alleged a career-ending back injury, resulting in a verdict for shipowner.
- Successfully defended shipowner in a jury trial in federal court in Michigan in which the plaintiff sustained a career-ending injury, resulting in a verdict for shipowner.
- Successfully represented a Great Lakes shipowner in connection with a grounding that resulted from the negligence of another vessel, resulting in a decision and award from the trial court in shipowner’s favor.
- Successfully represented shipowner in an enforcement proceeding brought by a state environmental agency, resulting in the agency dropping all charges of wrongdoing.
- Successfully represented several shipowner in connection with an investigations by U.S. Coast Guard related to alleged wrongful discharge, resulting in no action against shipowners.
- Successfully represented marine engineer in connection with criminal indictment for wrongful discharge of oil, which resulted in the U.S. Coast Guard dropping all charges.
- Quoted, “Vetting suppliers during a pandemic,” COSMOS, Report on Supply Chain Compliance Volume 3, Number 18, September 2020
- “Asbestos: Expansion of Liability and Potential Ban,” Thompson Hine Product Liability Update, December 2016
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2019 to 2024 for Admiralty and Maritime Law, and Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions-Defendants
- Maritime Law Association of the United States, proctor member, Maritime Torts Committee
- Propeller Club, Port of Cleveland, Board of Governors, 2010 to present, past president 2013, past secretary/treasurer 2014 to 2022
- Argonaut, formerly PHASTAR, Board of Directors 2023
- Tulane Law School, J.D., 1997, cum laude,
editor in chief, Tulane Maritime Law Journal, Vol. 21, 1996-97
- Maine Maritime Academy, B.S., 1993, magna cum laude,
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio