Kelsey J. Mincheff
Kelsey is an associate in the Business Litigation practice. She has represented businesses and individuals in a wide variety of subjects, including commercial contract disputes, restrictive covenant litigation, fiduciary duty litigation, consumer finance litigation, business torts, trade secrets litigation, and shareholder derivative actions.
While attending law school, Kelsey served as a legal extern in the Civil Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Ohio and in the Capital Habeas Unit of the Office of the Federal Public Defender for the Southern District of Ohio. She was also a judicial extern for Ohio Supreme Court Chief Justice Maureen O’Connor.
- Obtained denial of motion for preliminary injunction and dismissal of claims on behalf of an Ohio business that was sued for misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract, conversion, and a number of business torts.
- Obtained a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction and secured collateral on behalf of a national manufacturing company in an action for breach of contract, replevin, conversion, and injunctive relief.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of a claim filed against a venture capitalist for breach of fiduciary duty.
- Obtained dismissal of multiple claims against a credit union, including claims under the CSPA and TILA.
- Obtained temporary restraining order on behalf of a limited liability company in a derivative action for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of operating agreement, misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of the duty of good faith and fair dealing, and injunctive relief.
- Served as second chair in a successful trial concerning the interpretation of Ohio law on the enforceability of separation agreements
- “Federal Court Decisions Could Cause Surge in Pandemic-Related Insurance Cases in Ohio,” Thompson Hine COVID-19 Update, January 2021
- “New Ohio Law Allows Remote Online Notarization,” Thompson Hine Business Litigation Update, April 2019
- “Ohio’s New Cybersecurity Requirements for Insurance Companies, Agencies and Agents,” Thompson Hine Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, February 2019
- Selected to the Ohio Rising Stars list, 2022
- Michael E. Moritz Leadership Award
- CALI Awards for Excellence in Trial Practice, Environmental Law and International Environmental Law
- Judge Joseph H. Harter Memorial Award for Academic Achievement in Trial Practice
- Columbus Bar Association
- Make-A-Wish, Young Professional Advisory Council member and volunteer wish granter
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County