Examples of Karim’s experience include:
Complex Contractual Disputes
- Represented a publicly-traded life sciences corporation in dispute with former CEO pending in the Delaware Chancery Court and the Southern District of New York.
- Represented an electric utility company involving a dispute over a breached service contract by an energy services company.
- Represented a leading textile manufacturer in an ICC arbitration proceeding involving a dispute over malfunctioning equipment.
- Successful representation of a luxury retailer in intellectual property license disputes with various licensees.
- Successful representation of a debt fund in multiple promissory note disputes with various public company borrowers.
- Successful representation of an alternative finance company in dispute with the plaintiff (funded business) claiming usury.
- Represented an alternative finance company in a dispute arising from defendant’s failure to pay daily receivables and investigated alternative avenues of recovery, including fraudulent transfer.
- Represented a multinational conglomerate in a AAA arbitration proceeding involving a dispute over profits calculations related to the sale of auxiliary power units for commercial aircrafts.
- Represented a multinational conglomerate in an ICC arbitration proceeding involving a dispute related to the sale of auxiliary power units for commercial aircrafts and specifically, their alleged failure to meet certain specified criteria.
- Represented an international property manager in a non-payment dispute with a former commercial tenant.
White Collar & Internal Investigations
- Conducted an internal investigation for a publicly-traded life sciences corporation in response to whistleblower allegations of failure to adhere to safety protocols.
- Represented the founder of a political action committee in a Foreign Agents Registration Act investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.
- Insurance defense for a multinational insurance company in various business litigation matters.
- Represented an international engineering, design and construction firm in ancillary proceedings stemming from workplace incidents.
- Represented an international engineering, design and construction firm in a contractual dispute related to indemnification and insurance.
- Successfully represented an investor/collector in connection with purchase of a painting from a gallery in dispute over purchase transaction.
- Provided pro bono representation to widow of a prominent artist in dispute with a storage facility company that destroyed several of the artist’s works.
- American Bar Association
- Arab American Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Northeastern University School of Law, J.D., 2017,
senior staffer, Northeastern University Law Review
- Northeastern University, B.S., 2014, cum laude
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit