- Representation of multibillion dollar heavy construction equipment financier with respect to various state and federal creditor rights litigation matters.
- Defense of some of the largest residential mortgage lenders and servicers in the country with respect to various state and federal claims asserted against them.
- Representation of multistate real estate holding and property management companies in Chapter 11 proceedings styled In re Berger Properties of Texas, LLC, et al. (Texas).
- Defense of large chemical manufacturer with respect to bankruptcy issues involved in class action antitrust litigation.
- Representation of Fortune 500 lender with respect to Uniform Commercial Code litigation.
- Defense of officers and directors of large bankrupt solar panel manufacturer with respect to breach of fiduciary duty and other claims asserted by chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee.
- Representation of chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee of bankrupt oil and gas company.
- Representation of large and mid-sized companies with respect to contract negotiation and disputes.
- Representation of large and mid-sized companies with respect to various bankruptcy issues, including preference claim litigation.
- Representation of senior secured lender of bankrupt technology manufacturing company with respect to repayment of senior secured debt.
- Representation of secured lender with respect to collection of secured debt and initiation and administration of receivership proceedings.
- Representation of corporate trustees with respect to resignation of trusteeship duties.
- Representation of secured lenders in various bankruptcy proceedings with respect to use of cash collateral, preservation of security interests, and collection of secured debt through bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representation of prepetition secured lender with respect to efforts to purchase coal mines from bankrupt coal mine operator.
- Representation of officers and directors of bankrupt air-crane operator with respect to breach of fiduciary and other claims asserted by the trustee of the bankrupt’s litigation trust.
- Representation of the operator of Sears Optical with respect to numerous issues arising from its pre- and post-bankruptcy business relationship with Sears, Roebuck & Co. and the purchaser of Sears’ ongoing business operations.
- Representation of 150+ oil and gas lessors with respect to pre- and post-bankruptcy disputes with large bankrupt oil and gas operator and renegotiation of operating leases with purchaser of the bankrupt’s assets.
- Profiled in “Rising Stars: New Partners at Fried Frank, Thompson Hine,” Deal News: Movers and Shakers, February 12, 2021
- “New Bankruptcy Amendments Lower the Burdens of Preference Actions on Defendants,” Pratt’s Journal of Bankruptcy Law, January 2020
- “New Bankruptcy Amendments Lower the Burdens of Preference Actions on Defendants,” Thompson Hine Business Restructuring, Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy Update, September 2019
- “Pick a Standard, Any Standard: Negligence, Gross Negligence, or Willful and Deliberate Standard of Care for D&Os Post-Bankruptcy,” American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, June 2012
- “Pre-BAPCPA Case Law Interpreting the Ordinary-Course Defense Is Alive and Well,” American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, July/August 2011
- “Health Care Insolvencies: Are Charitable Trusts to be Trusted?” American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, July 2014
- Received a 2023 and 2024 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Selected to the Ohio Rising Stars list, 2014, 2016-2021
- Recipient of the Access to Justice Award from the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, 2015
- Recipient of a Certificate of Congressional Recognition from Rep. Marcia L. Fudge (11th Congressional District), November 30, 2015
- Recipient of a Certificate of Congressional Recognition and Achievement from Rep. David P. Joyce (14th Congressional District), November 30, 2015
- Recipient of a Letter of Commendation from Commander Paul T. Markland, Ninth Coast Guard District, December 2, 2013
- Recipient of the ABA Military Pro Bono Project Outstanding Services Award from the American Bar Association Military Pro Bono Project, 2012
- Selected for the Dayton C. Miller Honor Society by Baldwin-Wallace College, 2007
- Towards Employment, Board of Directors; Chair of the Fund Development & Marketing Committee
- Turnaround Management Association, Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association William J. O’Neill Great Lakes Regional Bankruptcy Institute, Faculty Committee Member, 2015
- United Way Loaned Executive Program, 2012
- University of Michigan, J.D., 2010,
associate editor, University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform
- Baldwin-Wallace College, B.A., 2007, summa cum laude
- Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C), A.A., 2003
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- Thompson Hine Elects 11 New Partners,
Thompson Hine LLP, January 26, 2021
- New Bankruptcy Amendments Lower the Burdens of Preference Actions on Defendant,
Pratt’s Journal of Bankruptcy Law, January 21, 2020