Examples of Jana’s experience include:
- Drafting and implementing basic and complex estate plans for individuals, couples and families, including wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable life insurance trusts, irrevocable gifting trusts and generation-skipping trusts, powers of attorney and medical directives.
- Advising on all types of charitable giving arrangements including charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, charitable gift annuities and private foundations.
- Analyzing complex transfer tax issues and income tax issues related to estate planning.
- Co-author, “Portability: Now It’s For Real,” Probate Law Journal of Ohio, May/June 2013
- Author, “Mark-to-Market Accounting: Delivering the Financial Crisis to Your Front Door,” Ohio Northern Law Review, 2010
- Co-presenter, “Compliance Training Models,” National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA) – CLE Workshop: “College and University Compliance Programs: Succeeding in an Era of Change,” November, 2017
- Co-presenter, “Developing a Compliance Program that Works for Your School,” National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA) – CLE Workshop: “The Changing Landscape of Higher Education Discrimination Law: Current and Future Challenges,” March, 2017
- Ohio Northern University College of Law, J.D., 2009, with high distinction,
Lead articles editor, Law Review
- Ohio Northern University, B.S., 2006