- Represented clients as lead counsel in state and federal courts in complex business, construction, and unfair competition/trade secret matters.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of client in multi-million dollar construction dispute Texas state court.
- Successfully represented client against multiple motions to compel as third party to construction dispute in federal court.
- Obtained emergency TRO and interlocutory injunction enforcing one year non-compete and nonsolicit agreement covering North America, and worldwide injunction prohibiting the former executive from working for the competitor that hired him in any capacity under the Georgia Trade Secrets Act.
- Obtained emergency TRO and interlocutory injunction prohibiting sale of competitive products on behalf of client in St. Louis County, Missouri.
- Obtained 60-day emergency TRO prohibiting misuse of trade secrets in absence of restrictive covenants in Hall County, Georgia leading to favorable settlement including payment of client’s attorneys’ fees and return of all confidential information.
- Obtained TRO against out of state former employee in DeKalb County, GA enforcing noncompete agreement leading to settlement including injunctive relief enforcing agreement.
- Obtained emergency temporary restraining order prohibiting further fraudulent transfers and dissipation of funds leading to $2 million settlement of judgment in state and federal court litigation in Fulton County and Northern District of Georgia.
- Obtained series of restraining orders, injunctions, and attorney fee payments on behalf of major telecommunications company against group of former employees to enforce non-solicitation covenants and recovery of confidential client lists in Cobb, Fulton, Clayton, and Bibb County, Georgia.
- Obtained an emergency injunctive relief on behalf of client enforcing covenant not to compete, and nonsolicitation and confidentiality provisions under new Georgia restrictive covenant law.
- Obtained injunctive relief enforcing nationwide covenant not to compete against former sales strategy director in Cobb County, Georgia.
- Negotiated payout of over 75 cents on the dollar on high six-figure receivable highly contested by the payor who had significant counterclaims without filing lawsuit.
- Obtained and collected award of all damages, plus attorney’s fees, interest, and punitive damages in construction case where general counsel failed to pay subcontractors.
- Successfully represented and argued on behalf of petition for psychologist on waiver before Board of Psychological Examiners leading to licensure after previous denial of application.
- Obtained favorable settlement in complex business divorce case after expert report and deposing two witnesses.
- Negotiated a favorable six figure settlement over three times offer in Douglas County condemnation action filed by Georgia Department of Transportation.
- Successfully briefed summary judgment motion on novel issues of law and defeated spoliation claims by plaintiffs in Southern District of New York on behalf of an auto manufacturer in a lawsuit brought by former franchisee.
- Obtained writ of possession and six-figure consent judgment for past due and future rents on behalf of commercial landlord in Dekalb County, Georgia.
- Successfully negotiated settlement of less than 20 cents on the dollar on default judgment in Fulton County, Georgia.
- Mediated over 100 landlord/tenant cases in Fulton State/Magistrate Court.
- Obtained excess judgment for a pro bono client relating to fraudulent inducement relating to purchase of vehicle.
- Obtained complete dismissal of $125,000 fine imposed by Georgia state regulatory agency against client.
- Argued pro bono habeas petition based on Miller v. Alabama before Virginia Supreme Court.
- “Supreme Court Ultimately Declines to Decide Attorney-Client Privilege Case,” Thompson Hine Business Litigation Update, January 2023
- “Supreme Court Hears Oral Argument in Most Consequential Attorney-Client Privilege Case in Decades,” Thompson Hine Business Litigation Update, January 2023
- “Three Immediate Steps to Take When a Key Employee Goes Rogue,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Summer 2021
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2021 to 2023 for Commercial Litigation
- Named a Georgia Super Lawyers Rising Star in General Litigation, 2014
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Head Coach, Forsyth County High School Hockey Club, 2013 to present
- Georgia State University Panther Athletic Club, Board of Directors, 2011-2014
- Georgia State University Athletics Association, Board of Trustees, 2008-2011
- Georgia State University College of Law, J.D., 2004, magna cum laude,
Georgia State University Law Review, associate editor – legislation
- McGill University, B.A., 1998
Select a filter
- Supreme Court Ultimately Declines to Decide Attorney-Client Privilege Case,
Business Litigation Update, January 27, 2023
- Supreme Court Hears Oral Argument in Most Consequential Attorney-Client Privilege Case in Decades, January 9, 2023
- Business Law Update – Summer 2021,
Thompson Hine Newsletter, June 28, 2021