Kyle is a managing associate in the firm’s Business Litigation practice group. He focuses his practice on complex business litigation and has represented clients in cases involving financial services disputes, real estate development and management controversies, zoning and land use issues, claims involving representations and warranties insurance (RWI), and a variety of other commercial and contract disputes. Kyle also has experience in appellate practice, Lanham Act disputes, internet defamation and e-commerce, and civil rights cases.
During law school, Kyle participated in the moot court team and volunteered as a certified Legal Intern with the Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, where he obtained hands-on experience advocating for survivors of domestic violence. He continues to participate passionately in the firm’s pro bono practice.
Outside the courtroom, Kyle is actively involved in the Cleveland legal community. He serves on the Board of Trustees for the Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association and assists in planning CLEs and the Annual Recognition Luncheon to fund scholarships for Cleveland-Marshall law students.
- Assisted with litigation and settlement of a million-dollar trucking dispute involving compliance with the Carmack Amendment to the Interstate Commerce Clause.
- Successfully reversed a trial court’s decision granting summary judgment on an employee’s age discrimination claim against one of the largest employers in Northeast Ohio.
- “Risk Mitigation in Supply Chain Contracts: Consigned Goods,” Thompson Hine COVID-19 Update, May 2020
- “Risk Mitigation in Supply Chain Contracts: Termination, Credit and Insurance Terms,” Thompson Hine COVID-19 Update, May 2020
- “Risk Mitigation in Supply Chain Contracts: Protections for Failure to Perform,” Thompson Hine COVID-19 Update, May 2020
- “Representations and Warranties Insurance: Trends and Benefits,” Thompson Hine Business Litigation Update, March 2020
- Received a 2022 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Commercial Litigation
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Cleveland Marshall Law Alumni Association Board of Trustees
- Volunteer, Legal Aid Society