Mass/Toxic Tort and Maritime
- Served with national defense counsel team in multidistrict litigation involving alleged asbestos exposure, obtaining hundreds of dismissals of shipowner defendants.
- Obtained summary judgment for an owner and manager of military housing in suits involving alleged mold exposure.
Product Liability and Negligence
- Trial defense of a Fortune 100 company in a suit involving a talc product.
- Defense of a Fortune 100 company in suits involving pain patches.
- Defense of a pharmaceutical manufacturer in suits involving a medication indicated to treat abnormal heart rhythms.
- Defense of a Fortune 100 company in suits involving hormone therapy products.
- Defense of a flavor manufacturer in suits involving flavoring products.
- Defense of a food processing company in suits involving a food and beverage thickener.
- Defense of a national restaurant chain in suits involving alleged personal injuries.
- Defense of a bar and tavern in a suit involving a claim for intentional workplace tort.
- Defense of a business in a slip-and-fall case.
- Defense of a nightclub related to a shooting.
- Defense of a distributor of sheet metal machines in a breach of contract action.
- Defense of a sports surfacing company related to various business torts.
- Recovered debts through collection actions.
- Defense of a contractor in construction-related litigation.
- Representation of companies related to third-party subpoenas.
Housing and Pro Bono
- First chaired a bench trial in an eviction case, resulting in dismissal of the eviction claim and favorable settlement of counterclaims.
- Obtained commutation of a life sentence for a client convicted of a non-violent crime.
- Obtained dismissal of a malicious prosecution suit involving a client who had reported an assault.
- Obtained favorable settlement in a partition action for a client holding an interest in real property.
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Justice for All and Bar Admissions Committees
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association 3Rs Program, Volunteer
- Legal Aid Society of Cleveland, Volunteer Attorney
- The University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2000
- Marquette University, B.A., 1998, summa cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin