- Counseled on the development, financing and operation of utility scale solar, wind, biomass and geothermal projects, including business formation and organization, funding and regulatory authorizations, renewable energy credits (RECs), carbon emission reduction contracts and transmission access.
- Counseled on the negotiation of the first utility scale solar power purchase agreements in the State of Georgia.
- Counseled on the restructuring of utility scale power plants with advanced carbon capture technology for bitcoin mining and cryptocurrency operations.
- Represented lender in financing of $25 million Southeast solar power project.
- Represented lender in financing of a portfolio of Midwest wind turbine projects.
- Represented lender in financing multiple portfolios of solar projects in California, Connecticut, Georgia, Massachusetts, New York, North Carolina and other states.
- Represented the developer of a natural gas fired cogeneration project on debt and equity financing, siting and permitting, power purchase agreements, fuel sourcing and off-take arrangements.
- Represented developers of biomass pellets facility in project financing, off-take arrangements with European utility, transportation and logistics matters.
- Advised developers of an innovative system for processing and converting landfill gas into natural gas capable of local energy generation or resale, including obtaining seed financing for research, development and product commercialization.
- Represented a bio refinery company with advanced technology for converting algae and biomass into fuels.
- Advised a natural gas power plant operator and a hydropower developer on site authorizations, state and local regulatory proceeding and transactional matters.
- Counseled on structuring a multinational joint venture for a biomass-fueled power plant, including financing and regulatory approvals.
- Advised a wind power developer on drafting and negotiating key transactional agreements, including site acquisition, engineering and equipment contracts.
- Counseled an advanced hydrogen on demand (HOD) clean technology company on start-up financing, organization, intellectual property protection and general commercial matters.
- Counseled on the development, financing and commercial use of energy-saving construction technologies, including transformational use of batteries and fuel cells, and energy storage projects.
- Advised on a multistage combined solar and wind farm project, including capitalization, Series A preferred stock financing and all corporate and regulatory matters.
- Represented a private equity fund in an initial preferred stock investment in a high-efficiency solar photovoltaic manufacturing company.
- Represented a wind project developer in raising investment capital, negotiating customer contracts and purchasing technology and equipment.
- Represented the manufacturer of flexible, solid-state lithium batteries in senior debt financing and convertible subordinated debt financing.
- Advised a Northeast hydropower developer on the reopening and operation of a municipal hydroelectric plant.
- Counseled a multinational consumer products manufacturer on the non-recourse project financing of an industrial waste to energy facility, including the amended and restated bond purchase and guaranty term loan facility.
- Advised a utility holding company on the acquisition of geothermal assets in the Southwest.
- “Financing Energy-Efficiency and Renewable-Energy Projects – Public Equity Instruments: An Analysis of REITS, MLPs and Yieldcos,” National Institute of Building Sciences (NIBS) Council on Finance, Insurance and Real Estate, (CFIRE), 2016 (Co-Contributor)
- “Federal Funding for Clean Energy Projects,” CLEANTECH iDEAS, January 2015
- “China’s new normal could be a boon for Georgia businesses,” AJC.com, May 28, 2015
- “The Next New Normal: Tools to Help Your Business Thrive in International Markets,” Thompson Hine Webinar, Panelist, March 2023
- Panel Discussion, “At Last! The Storage ITC is Here – Now What?” Infocast Solar + Wind Finance & Investment Summit 2023, Moderator
- Renewable Energy Capital Markets Outlook, Infocast Solar + Wind Finance & Investment Summit 2022, Presenter
- The Playbook, Early Stage and Emerging Companies Event, Host
- Annual Southeast Innovation Summit “Cleantech Investment Trends and Strategies,” Panelist
- The New Normal: What Every American Business Needs to Know to Succeed in China “Technology and Trade: New Investment Opportunities in China,” Panelist
- National Zero Waste Business Conference: “Contract Provisions: A New Zero Waste Resource,” Presenter
- Cherry Bekaert International Seminar Series: Insider Advice on Conducting Business in the Asia Pacific Region, Co-Moderator
- Water Innovations Alliance Foundation Water 2.0 Conference, Presenter
- Greenhouse Accelerator Acceleration Interactive Crowdfunding Program, Moderator and Panelist
- Renewable Energy Financing Workshop, Moderator
- Cleantech Open Southeast Business Clinic, Moderator and Presenter
- Seminar Group “Financing Renewable Energy” Conference, Co-Host
- International Clean Energy Conference, “Natural Gas: Understanding Its Opportunities and Rapid Rise in Importance,” Panelist
- Strafford Webinar, “Renewable Energy: PPA Ancillary Agreements for Renewable Energy Resources,” Co-Presenter
- International Biomass Conference & Expo, “Opening & Growing Overseas Pellets Markets Sustainably,” Panelist
- Seminar Group 3rd Annual Solar Power Projects Southeast Conference Panelist
- Greenprints Expo, Panelist
- Renewable Energy Developments in the Southeast, Panelist
- Federal and State Incentives for Biomass Project Development, Panelist
- Sustainability Spotlight: Strategies, Solutions, Risks & Opportunities, Host and Panelist
- Dollars & Sense: “Financing Green Projects Today,” Host and Panelist
- Energy to the 10th Power: “Top Ten Tips for Results,” Panelist
- PLI Solar Summit, “Siting and Permitting,” Panelist
- France-America Renewable Energy Forum, Moderator and Panelist
- ACORE Southeast Summit, “Renewable Energy,” Panelist
- TAG Smart Grid, “Recent Developments in Energy Legislation,” Panelist
- Elemental Impact Clean Tech and Sustainability Roundtable Series, Host and Panelist
- Northeast Offshore Wind Forum, Panelist
- Sustainability Roundtable, “Wind Energy Development in the Southeast,” Moderator and Panelist
- United States Trade and Development Agency (USTDA) 2018 East Africa Smart Grid Reverse Trade Mission, Presenter and Host
- Listed in The Legal 500, Mergers and Acquisitions, 2014
- Member, American Bar Association Energy and Environmental Markets and Finance Committee
- Director, Georgia Solar Energy Industries Association
- Director, Livable Buckhead
- Director, Elemental Impact
- Director, Green Chamber of the South Foundation
- Boston University School of Law, J.D.
- Brown University, B.A., magna cum laude,
Phi Beta Kappa
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
Select a filter
- The Capital Markets Outlook – Infocast Solar + Wind Finance & Investment Summit, March 7, 2022
- ESG Strategies Are Driving Corporate Investments in Renewable Energy,
Thompson Hine Business Law Update, November 30, 2021
- Business Law Update – Fall 2021,
Thompson Hine Newsletter, November 30, 2021
- 5 Potential Speed Bumps For Clean Energy Investment,
Law360, August 10, 2021