Jason is an associate in the Labor & Employment practice. He counsels clients on a variety of employment issues and protects their interests in litigation and administrative proceedings.
He advises employers on developing and implementing policies to ensure compliance with labor and employment laws and regulations, and provides training on legal and regulatory topics.
Jason has assisted in litigating matters involving claims alleging violations of the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Family and Medical Leave Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. He also has represented employers in administrative investigations of charges brought before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and assisted in mediating and negotiating settlements.
- “New York State Department of Labor Publishes Materials Necessary for Employers to Comply with New State Sexual Harassment Laws,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, October 2018
- “The Stop Sexual Harassment in NYC Act: Considerations for Private Employers,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, June 2018
- “An Overview of the New York Paid Family Leave Law,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Fall 2017
- “An Overview of the New York Paid Family Leave Law,” Thompson Hine The Law@Work Newsletter, Fall 2017
- “Rethinking Salary History Inquiries in New York City,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, October 2017
- “Is Your Company Prepared for the New York Paid Family Leave Law?” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, August 2017
- “Mandatory Sick Leave Laws May Be Coming to a Workplace Near You … If They Aren’t There Already,” Thompson Hine The Law@Work Newsletter, Spring 2017
- “Courts: Juvenile Justice Reform,” 30 Ga. St. U. L. Rev. 63, 72 (2013)
- Atlanta Bar Association Labor & Employment Law Section Student Scholar Award, 2014
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section; Young Lawyer Division)
- Atlanta Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section; Litigation Section)
- Georgia Bar Association