Eric Todd Bufe
Eric is a discovery attorney in the Business Litigation group’s Discovery Department. He researches and analyzes recent court decisions and legal precedents to assist litigators in counseling clients on e-discovery rules, procedures and obligations. He also provides support for the preservation, collection, review and production of electronic information in litigation. In addition, he assists in evaluating digital forensics and information governance issues related to data security, privacy and records management.
Eric’s work has encompassed a broad range of matters including personal injury, domestic and probate cases; prosecuting and defending summary judgement motions; and representing consumers in relation to the Ohio Lemon Law, auto fraud, bankruptcy and debt settlement.
Examples of Eric’s experience include:
- Medical records collection and project management on behalf of defendants in mass injury tort cases.
- Significant use of innovative software solutions to deliver documents and work product to clients.
- First chair defense and prosecution of trials and non-judicial adversarial events, including private arbitrations with the American Arbitration Association.
- Risk management/docketing for 1000+ attorney international employment law firm.
- Created and implemented quality control procedures and checklists to ensure high quality delivery of work product to clients in mass tort cases.