Examples of Andrés’ experience include:
- Successfully representing a disappointed offeror before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims in connection with a protest of a $99 million IDIQ contract for construction and maintenance work at an Air Force base in Alaska.
- Representing a client before the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals and securing a settlement agreement with a federal agency providing for the withdrawal of unfavorable past performance reports.
- Successfully representing an SDVOSB in overturning a size status decision at the SBA’s Office of Hearings and Appeals following an adverse decision by a local SBA District Office.
- Negotiating teaming and subcontract agreements with a large defense contractor on behalf of a small business information technology service provider.
- Successfully representing a small business in reversing an action by the SBA seeking to terminate participation in the 8(a) program, which restored the company’s status.
- Representing the seller in a successful asset transaction involving the sale and novation of a federal government contract vehicle for information technology services.
- Successfully representing a federal contractor in response to a Freedom of Information Act request seeking disclosure of proprietary government contract proposal materials.
- Counseling several clients on COVID-19 vaccination mandates applicable to federal government contractors including preparation of employment policies and accommodation request forms.
- “Federal Contractor Vaccination Mandates Under Executive Order No. 14042 & Safer Federal Workforce Taskforce Guidance,” Kimball Construction Company, Inc. hosted webinar, November 2021
- “Government Contracting – Oral Presentations – Win Federal Contracts,” Jennifer Schaus & Associates, Gov Con Q&A Café Webinar, September 2021
- “Gov Con Q&A Café – Oral Presentations,” Jennifer Schaus & Associates, September 2021
- “Key Contract Clauses for Federal Construction Contractors,” National 8(a) Association, Alaska Regional Conference, August 2021
- “Government Contracting – DFARS Part 209 – Contractor Qualifications,” Jennifer Schaus & Associates, March 2021
- “Cybersecurity Enforcement is on the Rise. What Small Businesses Need to Know,” HUBZone Contractors National Council, 2019 National Conference, September 2019
- Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA)
- National 8(a) Association
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, J.D.
- Towson University, B.S.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Civilian Board of Contract Appeals
- U.S. Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals
- NDAA for FY 2023 Passes Congress with Annual Changes to Federal Contracting Policies,
Government Contracts Update, December 21, 2022
- Thompson Hine Continues Growing Washington Office as Edward DeLisle and Andrés Vera Join Government Contracts Practice,
Thompson Hine LLP, November 3, 2022