Examples of Alexander’s experience include:
- Represented a business owner of a highly technical financial analysis company in a contentious business divorce, resulting in two days of trial and a successful outcome.
- Represented a publicly traded payments company through trial in a breach of contract action, which ultimately resulted in judgment in favor of the client.
- Represented a high net worth individual in obtaining title to a substantial life insurance policy, which matter proceeded to trial and ultimately resolved in a favorable outcome to the client.
- Represented shareholder in litigation over payment of dividends in a closely held corporation.
- Class action defense of regionally held businesses, including franchisees and landlord holding companies.
- Counsel to regional construction company involved in construction negligence and nuisance cases.
- Extensive landlord representation, including prosecuting forcible entry and detainer actions, resolving security deposit disputes and defense of class actions.
- Represented seller of a business in litigation relating to deal earn-out provisions.
- Class counsel in plaintiff-side consumer action, resulting in class certification in the Southern District of Ohio.
- Lead associate for many deals, from the sale of a large franchise business in a multi-million-dollar asset purchase, to the sale of a small storefront acquired with an SBA loan, to the buyout of a minority shareholder by private equity.
- Selected to the Ohio Rising Stars list, 2023, 2024
- Corporate Law Fellow
- Leo J. Breslin Memorial Scholar
- George A. Dornette Legal Ethics Prize
- Judge William H. Lueders Prize for Wills, Trusts, and Future Interests
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Volunteer, Lawyer Project, 2020
- Volunteer, Income Tax Assistance (VITA), 2014, 2015, 2017
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, J.D., 2019, magna cum laude
- Xavier University, B.S.B.A., 2015, summa cum laude,
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky