The American Rescue Plan: Key Benefits & Employment Takeaways
Date: April 01, 2021
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. ET
Contact: Diane Weber, 513.352.6501 - Diane.Weber@ThompsonHine.com
A complimentary webinar sponsored by myLawCLE
The most recent COVID-19 relief bill, the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), was signed into law on March 11, 2021. It includes a much-anticipated COBRA premium subsidy, pension plan funding relief, and several employer and employee protections for certain of those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. This webinar will discuss the impact of ARPA to employers and their employee benefit plans and will identify compliance challenges for which employers should be prepared.
Key discussion topics:
- Employer compliance requirements and considerations relating to COBRA subsidies;
- Changes impacting other employee benefits, including an increase to the dependent care exclusion limit, pension funding relief, and the expansion of employees covered by Section 162(m) compensation deduction limit for publicly held corporations;
- What employers should know about the law’s extension of previous COVID-19 related tax credits and unemployment supplements; and
- How ARPA advances the Biden administration’s focus on workplace safety and employee protections.
- Deborah S. Brenneman, Partner, Thompson Hine
- Kim Wilcoxon, Partner, Thompson Hine
- Anthony P. McNamara, Associate, Thompson Hine
- David Uhlendorff, Associate, Thompson Hine
Registration is complimentary to clients and friends of Thompson Hine with the Coupon Code: thompsonhine21. Please RSVP by March 30.
Please click here to register and receive instructions on how to join the event.
CLE credit available for all states.
Contact Diane Weber