Extranet. When needed, we dedicate a secure extranet site to keep the client informed of relevant information about active matters. The extranet site can be used to share documents, calendars, surveys, contacts and other client- and matter-specific tools.
Electronic invoicing. We provide electronic invoicing to clients who request it. We use the Uniform Task Based Management System, developed by the American Bar Association and PricewaterhouseCoopers, to standardize billing procedures.
E-Binders & E-Briefs. We distribute large documents on CDs. These “e-binders” can be bookmarked, hyperlinked and are full-text searchable, allowing clients to find a word or exact phrase with a few clicks. Most e-binders use the Portable Document Format (PDF) standard and are self-executing, which means clients do not need any additional software to view the documents. E-binders are used for a variety of purposes such as distributing closing documents for transactions, producing trial documents for expert witnesses and compiling forms for HIPAA compliance folders.
We also provide “e-briefs” for specific matters where the CD includes the brief along with the text of every exhibit, transcript and case decision that is cited. References to those exhibits, transcripts and decisions are hyperlinked so readers can jump directly to the appropriate document.
Research: Our professional library staff provides state of the art research services to lawyers and staff. The library features more than 8,000 external links sorted by subject, as well as other research tools, including:
- Online legal research. We have a comprehensive contract with LexisNexis, with services are available to lawyers and staff around the clock from any computer connected to the Internet.
- Court contacts, rules and dockets. These tools are available through the firm’s intranet.
- eBook. A tool provided by our library to allow creation of legislative histories, form lists, client research and reference books. Text, URLs and LEXIS citations all can be combined into a single reference.
Intranet. Our firmwide intranet leverages Microsoft SharePoint to reduce time spent on administrative tasks. Practice tools include document databases for quick retrieval of key documents from our document management system. Various databases also track lawyer capabilities, client experience and transactions, language proficiencies and other experiences to support knowledge management.
Litigation support. Our in-house Practice Technology team of technical staff offers assistance to legal teams through the entire e-discovery and litigation process. In-house capabilities include:
- Meeting with our lawyers and clients regarding data preservation, document collection, and review and production strategies.
- Processing documents to make collected data usable with document review software.
- Organizing documents for use with case management software.
- Managing vendors required for large volume matters or complex searching needs.
- Providing trial support through presentation software.
Network infrastructure. We maintain a sturdy, fail-safe firmwide network with dedicated, redundant, high-speed data circuits to maximize communication and minimize downtime. Network administrators monitor all network systems 24/7.
Remote access. Our remote connectivity capabilities allow our professionals to work from virtually anywhere.
Technology support. Each office is staffed with systems support specialists and legal systems administrators. Our firmwide PC Support Help Desk serves all locations and is on call 24/7 to provide support and answer questions about all technical issues.
Data security. We protect and secure the data generated by the firm’s professionals.
Disaster recovery. We have contingency plans for all offices in the unlikely event of a disaster. Full redundancy for all essential services, including e-mail, voice services, document production and remote access is in place.
Training. Our full-time in-house trainer is dedicated to developing and coordinating training that covers the range of our technology. Training is provided at regular intervals to all lawyers and employees.