Over the past 30 years, we have represented clients on all aspects of oil and gas exploration and production. We draw on this in-depth experience to provide counsel on regulatory issues, lease negotiations, asset acquisitions and divestitures, and other transactions involving shale energy and infrastructure projects.
With offices in Columbus and Cleveland, we are well positioned to help producers, pipeline companies, and drilling and services firms capitalize on the shale natural gas revolution sweeping across eastern Ohio.
Members of our Shale Energy & Infrastructure group call on firmwide resources to advise clients on the various areas of law associated with shale development, including energy, environmental, contracts, corporate finance, litigation, and regulation and legislation.
- All aspects of oil and gas exploration and production
- Natural resources law
- Gas collection, transmission and distribution
- Energy project development, contracting, regulation and project finance for a wide range of facilities
- Management of air emissions, wastewater discharges and waste disposal permitting, pollution control planning and enforcement defense
- Product stewardship/chemical regulation, including regulatory approvals for new products, formulations and chemicals under the Toxic Substances Control Act; Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act; and chemical-specific mandates
- Public and private securities transactions involving entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, public companies, private equity investors and management groups
- Investment management advice including structural, transactional and regulatory advice to mutual funds, hedge funds, registered investment advisers and broker-dealers
- Regulatory advice and counsel – mining, environmental, energy, supply chain management, tax and proactive practices
- Consultation to landowners and developers on leasing mineral interests to producers
- Litigation on emerging issues relevant to shale development, traditional environmental law, toxic and mass tort, nuisance, product liability, insurance and risk management, and applications in federal and state venues
- Litigation, defense counsel – on emerging issues of GHG law, traditional environmental law, nuisance, products liability and applications in federal and state venues.
- Transportation and supply chain management at the company, city, county and state levels, working with critical national transportation precedents