Services for Hospitals
We advise acute care hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals and children’s hospitals on governance issues, regulatory compliance, tax and tax-exempt issues, contract negotiation, HIPAA compliance, corporate transactions and joint ventures, enforcement actions, state law compliance, risk management, quality and peer review protection, commercial contracting, antitrust issues and financing transactions.
To help provide predictability of legal fees, we offer special fee arrangements for routine day-to-day matters.
Our services include:
- Preparing physician, physician assistant and advanced practice registered nursing employment agreements.
- Preparing physician medical director agreements.
- Preparing Ohio standard care arrangements for advanced practice registered nurses.
- Preparing physician recruitment arrangements.
- Preparing and negotiating co-management agreements.
- Preparing compliance policies and procedures.
- Providing analysis and advice on HIPAA incidents, including successful outcomes to OCR investigations.
- Analyzing physician non-competition agreements and representing hospital management in related litigation.
- Advising on the acquisition of physician practices.
- Analyzing financial arrangements under the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, HIPAA and other applicable laws.
- Negotiating hospital department staffing contracts with national service providers.
- Negotiating hospital purchasing agreements.
- Negotiating contracts for hospital-based physician services departments.
- Negotiating lease agreements with physician landlords or tenants.
- Preparing call coverage agreements.
- Advising on state law issues, including those involving do-not-resuscitate orders, informed consent, peer review privilege and licensing.
- Counseling onHIPAA compliance:
- Analyzing the applicability of HIPAA and other privacy laws to matters involving the use or disclosure of protected health information.
- Developing compliance programs.
- Presenting employee training programs.
- Responding to OCR investigations.
- Advising on breach assessments and responses.