Services for Clinical Laboratories
Clinical laboratories must be timely and responsive and provide reliable results to health care practitioners. We pledge to provide the same type of service to our laboratory clients.
Our experience includes:
- Counseling on the application of the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute to common industry practices, such as employing in-office phlebotomists, providing supplies to physician practices, entering leases with referring physicians and providing non-monetary compensation.
- Advising on the application of EKRA to sales compensation and other financial arrangements.
- Advising on ensuring the privacy and security of laboratory test results.
- Counseling on licensure, accreditation and CLIA requirements.
- Facilitating joint venture arrangements.
- Preparing contracts for laboratory services, specimen collection, third-party testing, informatics data, donations to federally qualified health centers and in-office phlebotomists.
- Preparing hospital-based laboratory management agreements.
- Preparing compliance policies and procedures.
- Preparing employee compliance training materials.
- Negotiating laboratory equipment and reagent purchase agreements.
- Analyzing the applicability of HIPAA and other privacy rules to matters involving the use or disclosure of protected health information.