Our M&A professionals assist public and private companies with the execution of their acquisition strategy, whether through acquisitions to support growth or divestitures to align operations with core competencies, in transactions ranging from less than $10 million to more than $1 billion. We use a team-oriented approach to M&A transactions to ensure that our clients receive in-depth technical advice from experienced lawyers. We also work with an established network of leading local firms to seamlessly handle all aspects of cross-border transactions.
Whether representing buyers or sellers, we strive to provide cost-effective, business-oriented advice designed to help maximize value for our clients. For sellers, we focus on realizing full transaction value while minimizing post-closing risk. For buyers, we provide thorough and efficient business-oriented due diligence, focused on identifying “deal-killers” to confirm value and minimize post-closing surprises, and assist with the negotiation of acquisition agreements that are consistent with our client's objectives.
Since each company has unique objectives for a transaction, we are committed to understanding our client's business and goals. These objectives guide our approach to delivering value-added services in all aspects of the M&A process. Our lawyers measure success by how well we meet our client's objectives, not by scoring points in contract language or during negotiations.
We also offer innovative fee models designed to manage transaction costs and risks, including fixed fees, blended rates, termination discounts, success fees and other alternative fee arrangements.
Businesses from a broad array of industries, including chemicals, manufacturing, retail, services, software, technology and many others, turn to us for guidance. A small sampling of recent transactions involving $10 million to more than $1 billion includes:
- Representing Griffin Industries in its sale to Darling International.
- Representing Teradata in its acquisition of Aprimo.
- Representing Robbins & Myers in its acquisition of T-3 Energy Services.
- Representing PharMerica in its acquisition of Lone Star Pharmacy.
- Representing Ventyx, an ABB company, in its acquisition of Obvient Strategies.
- Representing Emmi Roth USA in its acquisition of Cypress Grove Chevre.
- Representing Babcock & Wilcox Company in its acquisition of a GE emissions monitoring business.
Business Law Update — Spring 2016 - Thompson Hine Newsletter
May 02, 2016