When trying cases in the courtroom is an appropriate action for resolving insolvency disputes, we take a strategic, aggressive approach to handling cases in a swift, cost-effective manner.
We provide representation in complex insolvency litigation, including fraudulent and preferential transfers, debt reorganizations, claim subordinations, director and officer and lender liability, and other bankruptcy-related matters. Our team also has extensive experience in handling cross-border cases involving plenary bankruptcy disputes and ancillary proceedings initiated in the United States.
Our experience includes:
- Administrative Claimants Committee of LTV Steel, Inc. v. William Bricker, et al. (Northern District of Ohio). Representation of officers in connection with breach of fiduciary duty and deepening insolvency claims arising out of unsuccessful efforts to restructure complex, multi-state integrated steel mill operations.
- The Antioch Company (Southern District of Ohio). Defense of former corporate directors in action for damages brought in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio by the post-confirmation litigation trustee.
- Schwab Industries, Inc. (Northern District of Ohio). Successfully opposed debtor’s attempt to obtain priming lien over pre-petition secured liens of syndicated bank group.
- GEO Specialty Chemicals. (District of New Jersey). Obtained confirmation of debtor’s plan of reorganization following contested confirmation hearing.
- Bond Safeguard Insurance Company v. KeyBank (Southern District of Georgia). Obtained judgment from district court, affirmed on appeal, dismissing plaintiff’s lender liability and aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Catalyst Paper Corporation (District of Delaware and British Columbia). Representation of indenture trustee in Chapter 15 case of British Columbian producer of mechanical printing paper.
- Hipotecaria Su Casita (Mexico). Representation of U.S. indenture trustee in concurso proceedings of Mexican non-bank and mortgage construction lender.
- Sino-Forest Corporation (Ontario). Representation of indenture trustee in Canadian restructuring proceeding of leading commercial forest plantation operator in China.
- Regional Diagnostics, LLC (Northern District of Ohio). Representation of former officers in adversary proceeding alleging breach of fiduciary duty and fraudulent transfers arising out of prepetition leveraged buyout.
- Securities Investor Protection Corp. v. NEBS Financial Services, Inc. (Northern District of Ohio). Representation of court-appointed trustee for SIPC liquidation of broker-dealer under the Securities Investor Protection Act (SIPA).