Mergers and Acquisitions
- Representation of a biotech company in connection with its acquisition of the developer of proprietary technology for the production of environmentally friendly, toxin-free, sustainable sources of high-value nutrients for the animal feed industry.
- Representation of a leading provider of medical record release of information (ROI) services in connection with its acquisition of multiple regional providers of ROI services.
- Representation of the operator of a leading online marketplace for the purchase and sale of websites, domain names and iOS applications in connection with its acquisition of assets in France.
- Representation of a leading independent professional golf agency in connection with its sale to a premier domestic talent agency, and representation of its founder in connection with his executive employment arrangements with the purchaser.
- Representation of a crowd-sourced graphic design services provider in connection with its sale to a private equity fund.
- Representation of a private equity fund in connection with its acquisition of a municipally-owned cable system.
- Representation of a web analytics company in connection with its sale to a publicly held global information services company.
- Representation of numerous domestic providers of proprietary technology and services in connection with the formation and operation of strategic joint ventures to market products and services abroad.
- Provision of IP transactional support to numerous purchasers and sellers of businesses.
- Representation of the developer of a cloud-based application designed to provide hospital systems with a secure, HIPPA-compliant platform on which to manage and optimize heart valve patient workflow.
- Representation of a leading provider of multi-platform distribution services for digital magazines.
- Representation of a developer of performance fabrics.
Global Sourcing and Procurement / Technology Acquisition
- Representation of a leading provider of pharmacy technology and services to regional and national retailers in connection with its arrangements with third-party hardware and software vendors.
- Representation of a global eyewear company in connection with its acquisition of software for the management and processing of optometric information.
- Representation of a leading national vision benefits provider in connection with acquisition of comprehensive claim processing technology and related services.
- Representation of a publicly held global media company in connection with the review and negotiation of vendor agreements for a wide array of hardware, software, telecommunications, and other products and services.
- Representation of a physical commodities futures exchange in connection with its acquisition of a specialty software development company.
IP Protection and Maintenance
- Representation of numerous clients in connection with patent, copyright, trademark and domain name acquisition, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement efforts.
Licensing, Talent and Author Representation
- Representation of a publicly held media company in connection with trademark licensing and endorsement arrangements with manufacturers of branded merchandise.
- Representation of fashion models in connection with product development, licensing, and endorsement arrangements with publicly-held national retail store operators, in connection with joint ventures to finance, develop and operate branded e-commerce platforms, and in connection with book publishing agreements.
- Representation of professional golfers in connection with endorsement arrangements with multinational manufacturers of branded merchandise.
- Representation of celebrity chefs in connection with television, book and magazine publishing, endorsement, appearance, e-commerce and brand development matters.
- Representation of numerous clients in connection with the acquisition of license rights to produce, market, and sell products branded with trademarks of leading international fashion designers.
- Listed in The Legal 500 in Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts, 2010, 2011 and 2014
- Georgia Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Athens Film Arts Institute, member of Board of Directors
- The Willson Center for Humanities & Arts, University of Georgia, member of Board of Friends
- Benjamin N Cardozo School of Law, J.D., 1991
- University of Delaware, B.A., 1984
- New York